Wondering what you can do with a particular major?
Learn about the typical career areas and the type of employers that hire people with each major, as well as strategies to make you a more marketable candidate. This is a time to explore!
Check out the Excelsior College tool that links majors to careers –What Can I do with this Major?
- Remember, the major you choose is just one of the measures that defines your career. How you apply your knowledge and credentials is also a contributing factor. College grads use their education in a wide variety of fields. You should explore and learn about the wide range of career opportunities available to you.
- If you would rather investigate career paths first, skip to Step 4 and then come back and look at the degree programs that will provide a strong foundation for careers that interest you.
- For more resources in your field of study, continue your research on majors and careers through the additional websites provided below by school. If you don't find your major in a resource link, go to the next one.
- University of San Francisco – Business Studies - What Can I Do With This Major? (PDF)
- Quintessential Careers – What Can I Do With a Major in International Business?
- Ball State University – What Can I Do With a Major in Business Administration?
Management and Administration, Business, Global Business, Accounting, Finance, Hospitality Management, Human Resource Management, Marketing, Operations Management, Management Information Systems, and Risk Management and Insurance
- California State University Fullerton
- ISeek Careers: Health Science
- Is a Health Career right for you, Explorehealthcareers.com
- Public Health Careers, What is public Health?
- Health Educator: Career Information
- Health Administration/Management Overview, Explore health Careers.org
Dental, Respiratory, Radiology, Health Care, Health Educator, Health Services, Nutrition, Public Health, Physical Therapy, Occupational Therapy, Patient Administration, Medical Laboratory, Medical Equipment, Pharmacy
- University of California, Riverside: What Can I Do With This Major?
- University of Delaware: Major Resource Kits
- University of North Carolina Wilmington
- California State University, Fullerton: Major Resource Kit
Biology, Communication, Criminal Justice, Economics, History, Liberal Studies, Literature in English, Mathematics, Music, Political Science, Psychology, Sociology.
- University of Delaware: Major Resource Kit: Nursing
- California State University Fullerton: Nursing (PDF)
Case Manager, Certified Nurse Midwife, Clinical Nurse Specialist, Manager/Administrator, Nurse Anesthetist, Nurse Educator, Nurse Practitioner, Staff Nurse, Consultant, Flight Nurse, Forensic Nurse, Holistic Nurse, Medical Editor/Writer, Military Nursing, Nursing Informatics, Parish Nurse, Pharm/Med Sales, Research Nurse, Supplemental Nurse, and Travel Nurse
- Is a Major in Information Technology Right for You?
- The University of Montana-Missoula – What Can I Do With a Major In?
- The University of Akron – Careers in Computer Technology
- Kansas State University – What Can I Do With a Major In?
- NC State University – What Can I Do With a Major In Engineering?
- Technical Job Descriptions and Career Paths
Computer Technologies, Computer Software, Electronics Technology, Nuclear Technology, Electromechanical Technologies, Electronic Flash Instrumentation Technologies, and Power Plant Technologies
Free for Enrolled Students
The Excelsior College Career Center is pleased to offer EC JobLinks; a FREE online job search database and resume building tool. Available 24/7/365, enrolled students can access thousands of national and international jobs postings and apply in real time.