Center for Technology Leadership
The Center for Technology Leadership has a strong management team to deliver the courses and skills needed for professional development.
Wayne Brown, Center Executive Director
As executive director for the Center, Wayne is responsible for providing organizational leadership, overseeing the development and delivery of onsite and distance learning courses, managing and developing partnerships, and identifying new services related to participant success. In his former position as vice president for information technology for Excelsior College, Wayne was responsible for the leadership and management of the information technology department. Prior to joining Excelsior College, Wayne held the position of executive vice president for administration and chief information officer (CIO) for Johnson County Community College in Overland Park, KS.
Wayne served more than 20 years in the United States Air Force where he rose in rank from airman basic to captain and held the positions of CIO, director of medical logistics, and instructor supervisor for computer-based training and video-training development. Wayne is also the founder of the Center for Higher Education Chief Information Officer Studies Inc (CHECS).
Wayne holds a Ph.D. in Computing Technology in Education from Nova Southeastern University and a Master’s of Business Administration with an emphasis in computer information systems from Wayland Baptist University, Plainview, Texas. His research interests include CIO effectiveness and IT organizational structure.
Jennifer Hummer, Center Director
Jennifer oversees the daily operations of the Center and is responsible for coordinating the marketing and outreach efforts, managing partner relationships, and managing course development. Previously, she served as the College’s technical support manager.
Jennifer holds an MS in Engineering and Management Systems from Union Graduate College, Schenectady, NY, where she also earned a graduate certificate in management and leadership and a graduate certificate in human resources management. She is an honors graduate of Russell Sage College in Troy, NY, where she earned a BS in Computer Science. She has conducted presentations and training programs in her fields of expertise and is actively involved in a number of professional associations and organizations.
The Center is pleased to have the nation’s leading technologists on its advisory board designing courses to prepare technology leaders with the skills and development required for continued success.
- Sharon E. Blanton, Chief Information Officer, Portland State University
- Timothy M. Chester, Chief Information Officer, University of Georgia
- Mitchel W. Davis, Chief Information Officer, Bowdoin College
- Lawrence J. Haffner, Chief Policy Analyst, Webster University
- Joy A. Hatch, Vice Chancellor for Information Technology Services, Virginia Community College System
- Mary Lou Hines Fritts, Vice Provost and Chief Information Officer, University of Missouri-Kansas City
- George Kahkedjian, Vice Chancellor of Information Technologies, Maricopa Community Colleges
- J. Craig Klimczak, Vice Chancellor for Technology and Educational Support Services, St. Louis Community College
- Polley McClure, Vice President for Information Technology and Professor Emeritus, Cornell University
- Robert J. Tidwell, Senior Vice President of Managed Services, SunGard Higher Education
- Gordon D. Wishon, Chief Information Officer, Arizona State University