Congratulations, Class of '10
Excelsior College welcomed our newest graduates and their guests to Commencement on July 9, 2010. We enjoyed meeting you in person and sharing your pride on that very special day.
With activities scheduled both before and after the actual ceremony, Commencement is a colorful, exciting, and meaningful time each year. It offers a very special chance to meet and make connections, provides an opportunity for the entire Excelsior College family to come together face-to-face, often for the first time, and celebrates the satisfaction and sense of accomplishment unique to our graduates.
Class of 2010 At a Glance
- 30% of graduates self-report as being members of minority groups.
- 30% of the graduates are members of the U.S. military.
- 674 of this year’s graduates are from New York State; 76 are from the Capital Region.
- Oldest graduate: a 91 year-old woman from New Jersey who earned a Associate in Science in Liberal Arts.
- Youngest graduate: a 17 year-old woman from Brooklyn, who earned a Bachelor of Science in Liberal Arts.
- Average age of Class of 2010 is 38.
All 50 states are represented plus the District of Columbia, Guam, Puerto Rico, and the U.S. Virgin Islands. Graduates also come from 22 other nations.