Excelsior College welcomes graduates and their guests to the 2014 Commencement celebration, Thursday July 10-Friday, July 11 in Albany, N.Y.
The celebration kicks off with a welcome reception and Awards Convocation on Thursday and culminates with the Commencement Ceremony at 3 p.m. Friday, July 11. Check out the complete schedule to review all of the exciting activities.
To get a taste of what's in store for Excelsior's newest grads, view the 2013 Commencement webcast.
Participate as the Graduate Speaker or Vocalist
One graduate has the opportunity to represent the class by speaking at Commencement. Nominate yourself or a graduate you know by submitting a brief statement incorporating the following:
- What the nominee values most about his/her experience with the College
- General idea of anticipated speech topic
- List of nominee's previous public speaking experience
Graduates are also considered to perform "The Star-Spangled Banner" and "America the Beautiful" as the Commencement vocalist during the ceremony. If you are interested, submit an audio sample with a brief statement incorporating:
- Why you are interested in singing at Commencement
- A summary of your previous vocal experience
Please return your statement and audio (if applicable) by May 16 to
7 Columbia Circle
Albany, NY 12203