Recognizing our donors through a giving society is an important part of sustaining philanthropy at Excelsior College.
What does it mean to be a giving society member? With your annual gift at one of the giving society levels, you play an important role in the financial well-being of Excelsior College and demonstrate how much you value an Excelsior education. Excelsior’s giving societies program helps foster the College’s tradition of philanthropy by recognizing its most generous supporters. All giving societies (except the Legacy Society and Nyquist Circle) recognize members on an annual basis.
- Benefactors Society ($15,000 and above)
- Sustainers Circle ($5,000 – $14,999)
- Patrons Circle ($1,000 – $4,999)
Excelsior’s new leadership giving society, the Provost’s Circle, recognizes the College’s most loyal and generous alumni supporters and gives them the opportunity to make a measurable impact on the College. The Provost’s Circle is open to all alumni donors whose annual gifts total $1,000 or more.
The Nyquist Circle (Cumulative Giving Society)
The Nyquist Circle recognizes donors who have gifted the College with $1,000 or more through their cumulative donations.
Legacy Society (Planned Giving Society)
The Legacy Society recognizes donors who have made planned gifts to Excelsior College.
Examples of eligible gifts include:
- bequests and other estate gifts
- IRA’s and other retirement plans (excluding lifetime IRA rollovers which are considered outright gifts)
- charitable gift annuities
- charitable remainder trusts
- gifts of residence or farm with retained life estate
- charitable lead trusts
- life insurance policies
Further information about the Legacy Society is available by contacting Marcy Stryker, director of development, at (518) 608-8287.