Ways to Give
Make an Impact
Gifts in all sizes and in different ways are powerful investments in the futures of Excelsior's students.
Gifts to the campaign provide the unrestricted dollars that Excelsior relies on to assist our students with scholarship support. Your contribution is a vote of confidence in our mission, but more importantly, it is the most powerful way to help our students achieve an Excelsior degree.
You can make a gift of cash, securities or other means in support of our mission. Gifts to Excelsior College are tax-deductible to the fullest extent of the Internal Revenue Code.
Ways to Give
How Can I Give?
- Mail a check to: Excelsior College Office of Development, 7 Columbia Circle, Albany, NY 12203
- Call 1-888-647-2388 ext. 145 to give your credit card information to a member of our giving staff.
- Form for a gift of securities.
Explore Your Options
- Make your gift using automatic credit card or bank deductions (EFT), which give you the option of dividing your gift into regularly scheduled contributions. This convenient option helps decrease the College's administrative costs and enables your gift to have a more immediate impact on our students. Join our Sustainers Program today.
- Find out if your employer is a matching gift company and double your impact.
- See how planning your gifts can benefit you and Excelsior.
- Learn about Excelsior's faculty and staff giving programs.
What Can I Donate?
- Excelsior College accepts VISA, MasterCard, Discover or American Express, as well as checks. We can also arrange for easy recurring monthly gifts.
Stocks and Bonds
- Your broker can transfer securities to the College or send unsigned stock certificates by certified mail to the Office of Development.
- For gifts of stock, shares may be delivered two ways.
- Gifts may be sent electronically to one of Excelsior's brokers. Any stock gift delivered electronically must be received in the College's account before the markets close on December 31, in order for a donor to receive credit for the stock gift in that calendar year. By completing the Donor Letter of Direction that will be provided to you, Excelsior College will be made aware of your gift intent and process your gift more efficiently when the stock is received.
- Stock gifts may be physically delivered to the College. Gifts must be postmarked, or be in the Office of Development, on or before December 31. Please do not endorse the stock certificates. In a separate envelope, mail a signed stock power.
For further assistance, contact Keith O. Barrows, JD, EdD, Vice President for Institutional Advancement at (518) 608-8287.
- Excelsior College accepts many planned gift instruments including life income gifts and bequests. For assistance in planning your gift to Excelsior College, visit our planned giving web site or contact Keith O. Barrows, JD, EdD, Vice President for Institutional Advancement at (518) 608-8287.
Real Estate and Tangible Personal Property
- Excelsior accepts gifts of real estate allowing you to claim a charitable deduction for the fair market value of the real estate. The College also accepts gifts of tangible personal property, or "gifts in kind," for which the donor can claim a tax deduction for the appraised value of the gift on the date the gift is made.
- You can often double or even triple your gift with matching funds provided by your employer. Check with your company's human resources department or contact the Office of Development at 1-888-647-2388 ext. 145 to learn if your company offers a gift matching option.
You can choose to support the College in a number of ways including: