Honors, Awards, and Accolades
Thanks to our eclectic, experienced faculty, our dedicated staff, and our exemplary students and graduates, Excelsior College has earned numerous awards and honors that speak to our focus on quality education for adult learners.
"Top Military-friendly College"
Excelsior is designated a top education resource for military servicemembers, veterans, and their families by several military organizations:
- "Best for Vets" for Business Degrees – Military Times. Excelsior ranks among the top five colleges with this honor.
- Top Military-friendly College – G.I. Jobs & Military Advanced Education
- "Best for Vets" College – Military Times
- Council of College and Military Educators' (CCME) Institutional Award Recipient
A Mile in Your Combat Boots
Many of our staff and faculty members have served in the military and understand the unique expertise and perspective that military servicemembers bring to their education and the challenges they face when making a transition to a new career or to civilian life. We are particularly proud of our staff members who have been recognized for their dedication and commitment to improving educational opportunities for our military students:
Our President, John Ebersole, US Coast Guard veteran who served in Vietnam, received the Secretary of the Army Public Service Award in 2010 for his leadership in contributing to the Army's educational mission.
Our Center for Military Education Executive Director, Sue Dewan, received the 2011 William E. Kennedy Award for leadership in providing higher education programs to personnel at US military installations.
Award-winning Dedication to Military Servicemembers
We understand the needs of our military students and provide unique educational tools to help you choose the next steps along your path. Excelsior's Success Strategies for Military and Veterans online course provides college and career orientation to military servicemembers and veterans, and teaches transition strategies for those entering the civilian workforce after a military career. Our dedication to military servicemembers earned us the 2010-2011 Innovation Award from The Center for Transforming Student Services (CENTSS).
Skilled Hands, Warm Hearts
Excelsior's Nursing programs are accredited by the National League for Nursing Accrediting Commission (ACEN). Excelsior College has been designated by the National League of Nursing (NLN) as a 2011-2016 NLN Center of Excellence in Nursing Education, a designation awarded only to select educators who qualify.
Best in Class for Nursing
- Best School Award from the American Assembly for Men in Nursing for four years and counting.
- One of only a handful of distance education colleges ever to receive a charter from Sigma Theta Tau International Honor Society of Nursing.
- Ranked by U.S. News & World Report as one of the top 10 of all graduate nursing programs offered only online. Excelsior ranks high in student engagement, faculty credentials, and training.
- Hispanic Outlook in Higher Education 2008 ranking among the country's top 10 nursing schools graduating Hispanic students.
Excelsior nurses excel in their chosen fields, receive promotions, and move into demanding, rewarding management positions. A recent Excelsior survey indicates that among leading employers, our nursing graduates are in greater career demand:
- 25% of our nursing graduates have received a promotion one year after graduation
- 54% are in a Master's program one year after graduation
- 44% have received a promotion three years after graduation
- 92.9% of our nursing graduates felt that Excelsior prepared them well to continue their education