Association for Hebraic Studies Institute
Excelsior College, a world leader in distance education, provides Association for Hebraic Studies Institute (AHS) students with the opportunity to earn a respected associate or bachelor's degree without attending a traditional college campus.
You can transfer many of the college credits you may have already earned through the Association for Hebraic Studies Institute's National College Credit Recommendation Service (National CCRS), formerly known as National PONSI, and Connecticut Credit Assessment Program (CCAP) evaluated studies--giving you a jump start on degree completion.
The Excelsior College School of Liberal Arts allows you to customize your program to fit your needs. A Liberal Arts degree from Excelsior College is designed not just to open your mind, but to open opportunities for personal and professional growth. Learn more about the exciting degree opportunities in Excelsior's School of Liberal Arts.
Our graduates advance ever upward to graduate schools and better jobs in fields such as business, psychology, government, and education. Find out how close you already are to the degree you need.
The following AHS Institute courses have been evaluated for credit by National CCRS and CCAP and are accepted by Excelsior College.
- Advanced Talmud: Gittin I
- Advanced Biblical Exegesis: Genesis (BIB 350)
- Advanced Biblical Exegesis: Exodux (BIB 355)
- Advanced Biblical Exegesis: Numbers (BIB 365)
- Advanced Biblical Exegesis: Deuteronomy (BIB 370)
- Biblical Exegesis: Joshua (BIB 205)
- Biblical Exegesis: Judges (BIB 225)
- Biblical Hebrew: Elementary Biblical Hebrew I (HEB 151)
- Biblical Hebrew: Elementary Biblical Hebrew II (HEB 152)
- Biblical Hebrew: Elementary Biblical Hebrew (HEB 153)
- Biblical Hebrew: Intermediate Biblical Hebrew I (HEB 251)
- Biblical Hebrew: Intermediate Biblical Hebrew II (HEB 252)
- Biblical Hebrew: Intermediate Biblical Hebrew (HEB 253)
Note: HEB 253 is a combination of HEB 251 and HEB 252.
- Biomedical Ethics: A Jewish Perspective (PHI 425)
- Blessings I (JLW 440)
- Blessings II (JLW 441)
- Cantillation I (MUS 420)
- Cantillation II (MUS 422)
- Dietary Law (JLW 430)
- Dietary Laws II (JLW 431)
- Economics, Ethics and Jewish Law I (BUS 450)
- Economics, Ethics and Jewish Law II (BUS 460)
- History: American Jewish History (HIS 455)
- History: Early Modern Jewish History (HIS 355)
- History: Jewish Folklore (HIS 457)
- History: Modern Jewish History (HIS 360)
- History: Modern Middle East (HIS 470)
- History: Medieval Spain (HIS 375)
- History: Mishnaic Period (HIS 365)
- History of the Oral Law (HIS 385)
- History: Response to Modernity (HIS 480)
- Jewish Law: Festivals (JLW 475)
- Jewish Thought and Liturgy I (JTH 380)
- Jewish Thought and Liturgy II (JTH 385)
- Modern Hebrew: Advanced Modern Hebrew I (MHEB 301)
- Modern Hebrew: Advanced Modern Hebrew II (MHEB 302)
- Modern Hebrew: Advanced Modern Hebrew (MHEB 303) Note: MHEB 303 is a combination of MHEB 301 and MHEB 302.
- Modern Hebrew: Elementary Modern Hebrew I (MHEB 101)
- Modern Hebrew: Elementary Modern Hebrew II (MHEB 102)
- Modern Hebrew: Intermediate Modern Hebrew I (MHEB 201)
- Modern Hebrew: Intermediate Modern Hebrew II (MHEB 202)
- Modern Hebrew: Modern Hebrew (MHEB 203) Note: MHEB 203 is a combination of MHEB 201 and MHEB 202.
- Sabbath I (JLW 420)
- Sabbath II (JLW 421)
- Sabbath III (JLW 422)
- Sabbath IV (JLW 423)
- Sabbath V (JLW424)
- Talmud: Bava Kama I
- Writings of Luzzato I (JTH 400)
- Writings of Luzzato II (JTH 410)
- Yiddish: Elementary Yiddish (YID 103)
- Yiddish: Intermediate Yiddish (YID 203)
- Yiddish: Advanced Yiddish (YID 303)
- Basic Talmud (TAL 190-TAL 199)
- Intermediate Talmud (TAL 220-TAL 229)
- Advanced Talmud (TAL 450-TAL 459)
- Samuel I (BIB 230)
- Kings II (BIB 240)
Association of Advanced Rabbinical and Talmudic Schools courses also may be accepted for credit. Speak to an Admissions Counselor for more information.
Contact an Excelsior College admissions counselor:
Toll free phone:
Please reference the name of your organization when speaking to or emailing us so you'll be able to take advantage of all partner benefits.