Welcome Elyon College graduates and employees
Receive your free Excelsior College Information Guide
Call 888-647-2388 ext 2
or email us.
- About Excelsior College
- Programs & Academics
- Credit Transfer Guidelines
- Financial Aid & Partner Tuition
- Upcoming Webinars
The Elyon College and Excelsior Partnership offers you more.
If you are looking to build on your Elyon College education and earn a bachelor's degree, master's degree, or certificate take a look at Excelsior College. Excelsior's partnership with Elyon College provides graduates like you with a clear path to a bachelor's degree. You may just be a few courses away from a degree or certificate.
Why is Excelsior the right choice for you?
- We offer special benefits to graduates from partner institutions. Graduates and employees of partner institutions enjoy special tuition discounts at Excelsior, along with fee waivers, coordinated course sequences, articulation agreements, and other benefits.
- We provide a rigorous education. Don't confuse us with our for-profit competitors. Excelsior is an accredited, nonprofit institution, with top-notch faculty and academic degrees that make a real difference in the job market. Our graduates compete on equal terms with graduates from traditional four-year schools.
- We specialize in educating working adults and other nontraditional students. A national leader in adult education for more than 40 years, Excelsior caters to students who need to balance education with jobs, families, and other responsibilities. Our innovative online learning model lets you take courses where and when it's convenient for you.
- We accept more transfer credits than other colleges. Excelsior will accept up to 116 transfer credits from accredited institutions. We also grant credit for military service, professional training, credit by examination, and many types of real-world experience.
Excelsior College and Elyon College are partners in promoting student success. Make sure you let our admissions coordinator know you are with Elyon College.
About Excelsior College
What you know is more important than where or how you learned it.®
Excelsior College provides educational opportunity to adult learners with an emphasis on those historically underrepresented in higher education. The College meets students where they are — academically and geographically, offering quality instruction and the assessment of learning.
Excelsior College aspires to be a model university for the 21st Century. Excelsior will:
- be a provider of choice for those who pursue their educational goals in a flexible, individualized manner,
- continue to serve as a cost-effective stimulus for lifelong learning and individual achievement, advocating the assessment of prior learning and aggregation of credit,
- be recognized as an ideal academic collaborator and as a valuable partner in addressing societal and workforce needs.
Programs & Academics
Excelsior College offers degrees in a wide range of disciplines.
A national leader in nursing education, Excelsior is recognized for excellence by the National League for Nursing, a preferred membership organization for nurse faculty and leaders and nurse educators.
Bachelor’s degrees in health sciences equip Excelsior graduates to become leaders in a dynamic industry.
Excelsior offers more than 14 business and technology degrees, including business, accounting, nuclear technology, computer technology, and cybersecurity.
Excelsior offers multiple degrees in Liberal Arts. Our general Liberal Arts degree is your shortest, straightest path to a degree.
We offer degrees in criminal justice and military studies designed to help leaders prepare for careers in criminal justice, government, not-for-profit management, public administration, and the military.
Whatever your academic goal may be, Excelsior offers the right program for you. We also offer many forms of support to help you succeed, including:
- Admissions coordinators and academic advisors
- MyExcelsior, an online community where students can interact with each other and with faculty
- Free online writing labs and tutoring services
- Excelsior College Library, which provides online access to thousands of books, articles, and other tools through our partnership with the Sheridan Libraries of the Johns Hopkins University.
When you apply to Excelsior College, our admissions team will complete a preliminary transfer credit assessment. Make sure you let our admissions coordinator know you are with Elyon College. See how your credits add up.
Credit Transfer Guidelines
Maximize the value of your previously earned credits.
Excelsior College's generous transfer policies give you a great head start on a bachelor's degree. If you're working toward or already have an associates degree from Elyon College, Excelsior will count all those credits toward your bachelor's degree—and we'll also grant credit for:
- Other coursework, including credits you may have earned years ago
- Qualified professional and technical training programs
- Many forms of professional experience, military service, or community service
- Credit by examination
You can transfer up to 116 credits, or almost 90 percent of what you need for a bachelor's degree. Many of our transfer students only need to take a few Excelsior courses to graduate.
When you apply to Excelsior College, our admissions team will complete a preliminary transfer credit assessment. Be sure to let our admissions coordinator know you are with Elyon College.
After you're accepted, our academic counselors will help you use your transfer credits in the way that best suits your needs—and gets you to a degree as quickly as possible.
Financial Aid & Partner Tuition
Elyon College graduates and employees pay less tuition at Excelsior College.
Because we cater to working adults and nontraditional students, Excelsior College strives to make our programs affordable to everyone. That's especially true for students who come to us from partner institutions.
Excelsior's partnership with Elyon College entitles you to significant discounts on tuition and student fees.
All Excelsior students save money, thanks to our generous credit-transfer policies. We can accept up to 116 of your previously earned credits, so you'll take—and pay for—fewer Excelsior courses and credits as you complete your bachelor's degree. Many of our transfer students only need to take a handful of courses from Excelsior to graduate.
Excelsior's financial aid advisors will work with you to obtain all the forms of support you're eligible for, including grants, loans, scholarships, and GI Bill® tuition assistance. We also offer flexible payment plans and budgeting assistance to help keep your education affordable.
Under our 3+1 agreements, you may be able to get financial aid while concurrently attending Excelsior College and your community college. The program allows you to remain at your community college after completing your Associates Degree and take courses that count toward a bachelor's degree at Excelsior College. Ask if your community college participates.
Please review information on Federal Financial Aid Consortium Agreements on our Title IV Federal Student Financial Aid page under the Consortium Agreement tab.
Contact an Excelsior financial aid advisor today to find out how easily you can afford to continue and complete your education.
Special Partner Pricing
The Application Process
When you are ready to apply to Excelsior College, here are the steps you'll take.
Step 1: Create a MyExcelsior account
Setting up your MyExcelsior account is easy! Answering a few quick questions, selecting your academic interest, and choosing a username and password is all it takes!
MyExcelsior gives you access to key resources, including admissions forms and an online course demonstration so that you can see what our courses are like—before you apply.
Step 2: Begin your Excelsior application
Start by answering a few quick questions on our admissions Web page. This leads you to the appropriate online application and admissions requirements for your preferred program.
You also have option of downloading an application and sending it by mail.
When you're finished, be sure to send your supporting documents (transcripts, etc.) to: Records Office, Excelsior College, 7 Columbia Circle, Albany, NY 12203.
Note: Applications are optional for military service members, except for students pursuing undergraduate nursing degrees.
Step 3: Submit a financial aid form
Next, complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) form. Where requested, please include our school code: 014251.
Note: While Associate Degree in nursing students are not eligible for federal aid, we encourage applicants to complete a FAFSA to be considered for other financial aid options
Step 4: Explore our Student Success Guide
Use our Student Online Success Guide to determine your learning style, get tips on time management, and prepare for success at Excelsior.
In the meantime, Excelsior's admissions team will review your application and documents. We'll upload our initial assessment of your transfer credits to your MyExcelsior account and notify you when it is available for viewing. This typically takes two or three weeks.
Step 5: Enroll at Excelsior College
Once fully approved, you can enroll at Excelsior College and begin your coursework. After you receive your official evaluation, an academic advisor will give you course approval and help you develop a program plan.