Erie Community College (NY) - Partners
Page Hero - Partners
Erie Community College
Welcome Erie Community College graduates and employees
If you are looking to build on your Erie Community College education and earn a bachelor's degree, master's degree, or certificate take a look at Excelsior College. Excelsior's partnership with Erie Community College provides graduates like you with a clear path to a bachelor's degree. You may just be a few courses away from a degree or certificate.
Why is Excelsior the right choice for you?
- We offer special benefits to graduates from partner institutions. Graduates and employees of partner institutions enjoy special tuition discounts at Excelsior, along with fee waivers, coordinated course sequences, articulation agreements, and other benefits.
- We provide a rigorous education. Don't confuse us with our for-profit competitors. Excelsior is an accredited, nonprofit institution, with top-notch faculty and academic degrees that make a real difference in the job market. Our graduates compete on equal terms with graduates from traditional four-year schools.
- We specialize in educating working adults and other nontraditional students. A national leader in adult education for more than 40 years, Excelsior caters to students who need to balance education with jobs, families, and other responsibilities. Our innovative online learning model lets you take courses where and when it's convenient for you.
- We accept more transfer credits than other colleges. Excelsior will accept up to 116 transfer credits from accredited institutions. We also grant credit for military service, professional training, credit by examination, and many types of real-world experience.
Excelsior College and Erie Community College are partners in promoting student success. Make sure you let our admissions coordinator know you are with Erie Community College.
Learn about the scholarship fund available to Phi Theta Kappa members who have graduated from one of our partner institutions.
Excelsior College is a regionally accredited, nonprofit distance learning institution founded in 1971 focused on providing educational opportunity to adult learners.
Excelsior College Mission-Vision-Values
Excelsior College provides educational opportunity to adult learners with an emphasis on those historically underrepresented in higher education. The College meets students where they are — academically and geographically, offering quality instruction and the assessment of learning.
Accessibility and Completion - Excelsior provides programs and services that meet students where they are academically and geographically, and provide support services needed for completion.
Affordability - Excelsior prudently manages its resources to invest in people and offer high-quality education credentials at an affordable price.
Excellence - Excelsior expects a collaborative effort and full engagement from all to develop and provide programs of exceptional value to students and employers.
Trustworthiness - Excelsior values and practices integrity and honesty in our relationships with students, each other, and the communities we serve.
Equity and Inclusion - Excelsior practices inclusion by welcoming and valuing all students, staff members, and faculty members in our learning community, and providing them with educational opportunities.
Collaboration - Members of the Excelsior community work together to develop, deliver, and sustain high-quality academic products and services for students.
Excelsior College is a provider of choice for adults seeking access to higher education and academic success, and it is a model for addressing societal and workforce needs.
Excelsior College offers degrees in a wide range of disciplines. With over 30 degree programs and certifications across five schools, plus two specialized learning centers, Excelsior College serves a wide range of educational needs.
School of Nursing
A national leader in nursing education, Excelsior is recognized for excellence by the National League for Nursing, a preferred membership organization for nurse faculty and leaders and nurse educators.School of Nursing
School of Health Sciences
Bachelor's degrees in health sciences equip Excelsior graduates to become leaders in a dynamic industry.School of Health Sciences
School of Business and Technology
Excelsior offers more than 14 business and technology degrees, including business, accounting, nuclear technology, computer technology, and cybersecurity.School of Business and Technology
School of Liberal Arts
Excelsior offers multiple degrees in Liberal Arts. Our general Liberal Arts degree is your shortest, straightest path to a degree.School of Liberal Arts
School of Public Service
We offer degrees in criminal justice and military leadership designed to help leaders prepare for careers in criminal justice, government, not-for-profit management, public administration, and the military.School of Public Service
Whatever your academic goal may be, Excelsior offers the right program for you. We also offer many forms of support to help you succeed, including:
- Admissions coordinators and academic advisors
- MyExcelsior, an online community where students can interact with each other and with faculty
- Free online writing labs and tutoring services
- Excelsior College Library, which provides online access to thousands of books, articles, and other tools through our partnership with the Sheridan Libraries of the Johns Hopkins University.
When you apply to Excelsior College, our admissions team will complete a preliminary transfer credit assessment. Make sure you let our admissions coordinator know you are with Erie Community College. See how your credits add up.
Maximize the value of your previously earned credits.
Excelsior College's generous transfer policies give you a great head start on a bachelor's degree. If you're working toward or already have an associate degree from Erie Community College, Excelsior will count all those credits toward your bachelor's degree—and we'll also grant credit for:
- Other coursework, including credits you may have earned years ago
- Qualified professional and technical training programs
- Many forms of professional experience, military service, or community service
- Credit by examination
You can transfer up to 117 credits, or almost 90 percent of what you need for a bachelor's degree. Many of our transfer students only need to take a few Excelsior courses to graduate.
When you apply to Excelsior College, our admissions team will complete a preliminary transfer credit assessment. Be sure to let our admissions coordinator know you are with Erie Community College.
After you're accepted, our academic counselors will help you use your transfer credits in the way that best suits your needs—and gets you to a degree as quickly as possible.
View our Transfer Guides (PDF)
- AAS Dental Hygiene to BS Health Sciences
- AAS Health Information Technology to BS Health Sciences
- AAS Mechanical Engineering Technology to BS Technology
- AAS Medical Assisting to BS Health Sciences
- AAS Nanotechnology to BS Electrical Engineering Technology
- AAS Nursing to BS Nursing
- AS Business Administration to BS Business
- AS Criminal Justice to BS Criminal Justice
- AS Liberal Arts and Sciences - General Studies to BS Liberal Arts
Erie Community College graduates and employees pay less tuition at Excelsior College.
Because we cater to working adults and nontraditional students, Excelsior College strives to make our programs affordable to everyone. That's especially true for students who come to us from partner institutions.
Excelsior's partnership with Erie Community College entitles you to significant discounts on tuition and student fees.
All Excelsior students save money, thanks to our generous credit-transfer policies. We can accept up to 116 of your previously earned credits, so you'll take—and pay for—fewer Excelsior courses and credits as you complete your bachelor's degree. Many of our transfer students only need to take a handful of courses from Excelsior to graduate.
Excelsior's financial aid advisors will work with you to obtain all the forms of support you're eligible for, including grants, loans, scholarships, and GI Bill® tuition assistance. We also offer flexible payment plans and budgeting assistance to help keep your education affordable.
Under our 3+1 agreements, you may be able to get financial aid while concurrently attending Excelsior College and your community college. The program allows you to remain at your community college after completing your Associates Degree and take courses that count toward a bachelor's degree at Excelsior College.