Fire Department City of New York
Education Program for Members
Excelsior College has helped hundreds of Fire Department City of New York (FDNY) personnel earn credits through Excelsior College exams and courses. Of particular interest to FDNY personnel is Excelsior College's OneTranscript® service which allows firefighters and first responders to consolidate credits from various sources onto one simple transcript. This service is extremely beneficial to those seeking advancement opportunities that require a minimum number of credits earned without having to acquire a degree.
FDNY Paramedics have also taken advantage of our world renowned associate in nursing degree to pursue careers as RNs, as well as our Criminal Justice Degree program.
Advance Your Career with a College Degree
The following programs are particularly well suited to FDNY personnel.
- Bachelor of Science in Liberal Arts with a Criminal Justice Major – offers a flexible way to make the most of prior college credits. With concentrations in
- Law enforcement and public safety
- Administration of criminal justice
- Homeland security
- Associate degrees in nursing - an attractive option for FDNY paramedics seeking to become registered nurses.
Ways to Earn Credit
Excelsior College offers a generous transfer policy. Prior college education, military, and workplace training that have been evaluated for college credit, and for-credit exams are among the many ways to earn credit.
Other Educational Opportunities
Partner Tuition and Fees
Compare Excelsior's online tuition.
How To Apply
Contact an Excelsior College admissions counselor:
- Toll free phone: 888-285-8649
- Email: email@example.com
Please reference the name of your organization when speaking to or emailing us so you'll be able to take advantage of all partner benefits.