The Student Online Success Guide is a tool available to all Excelsior College students as a one-stop resource center. Please use this guide to learn about online success strategies, including time management techniques, study strategies, and to discover how you learn best through a learning style assessment. Included are links to Excelsior College resources, the Information Literacy Tutorial, and a sample online Excelsior College course.
Use this guide to review Excelsior College's profile, history, and policies.
The Guide is designed to be self-paced; if a section does not apply, move on to the next portion. Best wishes to you in your academic studies.
Excelsior College has been dedicated to the success of adult learners with a proven history of providing adults with the tools they need to be successful in higher education.
The Student Online Success Guide focuses on the following:
- Skills and characteristics of successful online learners
- Features of online courses that make them different from other course formats
- Self-evaluation for prospective online learners (including assessment of skills, learning styles, and expectations)
- Motivation techniques
- How to study independently
- Study strategies and online learning tips
- Review a sample online course
- Online resources
- Access to the Information Literacy tutorial
- Testing strategies, tips and options
- MyExcelsior Community resources:
- Discussion groups
- Book exchange
- Study buddy finder
- Student union