Online Learning Tips
As a student at-a-distance, you must acquire important skills and characteristics in order to be successful. Excelsior College provides resources to help prepare you for online learning.
Whether you're looking for a learning style assessment, personality inventory, motivational tips, or strategies to improve test performance, you can take advantage of these and many other online learning opportunities:
- Career Assessment Tools
- Transferable Skills Survey
- Learning Styles
- Keirsey Temperament Sorter (determines your thinking style based on MBTI)
Suggested methods that will help improve your study habits are time management, scheduling study sessions, an effective reading/study system, a good note-taking system, and motivation. To help polish these skills, try some of the links below.
- Time Management
- What is a Study Plan?
- Scheduling Study Sessions
- Develop a Reading/Study System
- Improve Your Note-Taking Skills
- Motivation Tips
Online Information Guide
This Online Guide lists resources such as Netiquette rules, hints on interacting online, engaging in chat, using the Excelsior College online library and the MyExcelsior academic discussion boards, and searching the Excelsior College Course Search database to locate appropriate courses for your degree program.
- Engage in Chat
- Use the Library
- Find MyExcelssior Discussion Boards for Excelsior College exams
- Navigate the Course Search database
Some useful tools include: