Health and Wellness
If you're struggling, there is help!
Although U.S. military personnel receive extensive pre-combat training, the experiences they face will have life-changing impacts. Unfortunately not all of these changes are positive and each service-member AND family member will be affected differently.
- One in 10 veterans is disabled, oftentimes by injuries sustained in combat.
- The number of disabled veterans is increasing; more than 20,000 veterans were wounded during service in Iraq and Afghanistan.
- About 70% of homeless veterans suffer from substance abuse problems.
- 45% of homeless veterans suffer from mental illness including Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD).
- 19% of Iraq veterans report a mental health problem, and more than 11% of Afghanistan veterans.
- The incidence of PTSD and suicide rates among veterans is climbing.
- 62% of homeless veterans smoke or had smoked within the past year of a recent survey, compared with 21% of the general U.S. population.
The Pathway Program is a Residential Recovery program specifically created for, and dedicated to serve, our Nation's "New Warriors"—those of any age who have served our Nation's Global War on Terror.
Feherty's Troops First Foundation is a nonprofit organization that works to provide meaningful assistance to our service members who have suffered devastating injuries in Iraq and Afghanistan.