Faculty Program Director – Cybersecurity/NCI Director
Posting closes: June 16, 2021
Reporting to the Associate Dean of STEM in the School of Undergraduate Studies, this position is responsible for providing academic leadership in the management and development of program curricula, management and development of faculty, and facilitation of student learning and support for the undergraduate Cybersecurity program and courses. This position will also oversee Excelsior College’s National Cybersecurity Institute.
Faculty Program Directors work closely with the deans, other academic leaders and staff across the college. They ensure that programs and teaching are of the highest quality and are student-centered. Ongoing professional development, scholarship, and service to the College are also expectations of this position. The skills and knowledge required for this position include teamwork leadership, ability to meet budget requirements and deadlines, Cybersecurity course development, experience with online training, marketing and social media strategies, computer applications, consulting skills, problem solving and decision making skills, strong technical and training skills in business as well as strong hands-on technical skills. This person must be able to think strategically, gain consensus, collaborate effectively with multiple groups, and execute plans to meet the goals of the Academic Program and College.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Provide leadership and oversight to all matters related to Cybersecurity program development/review; curricular and course development/review.
• Update program content and materials and/or delivery methods, based on emerging practice, changes in the discipline, instructional effectiveness data, current or future performance requirements, feasibility, and costs.
• Recruit, retain, and evaluate faculty and subject matter experts.
• Determine course schedule and assign faculty for teaching assignments.
• Work collaboratively to mediate and resolve faculty, curricular, and student issues.
• Participate in the School of Undergraduate Studies and College-wide committees and activities.
• Participate in activities supporting the College’s strategic plan and the goals of the School of Undergraduate Studies.
• Engage in quality improvement and student satisfaction/retention initiatives.
• Provide leadership for the National Cybersecurity Institute at Excelsior College including building and maintaining community, governmental, educational and industry relationships, including project partnerships and student opportunities.
• Participate in activities in service to the advancement of Cybersecurity.
• Seek and support external funding for initiatives associated with cybersecurity programs and the National Cybersecurity Institute including grants.
An earned Doctorate degree or significant progress towards the completion of a Doctorate in the field of Cybersecurity or related field or equivalent experience in the targeted discipline/community (an earned PhD is preferred). Experience with online/distance education preferred. Teaching experience in higher education, experience in curriculum development and implementation and/or industry experience at a managerial level preferred. Demonstrated commitment to the nontraditional education of adults. Canvas or related LMS literacy preferred.