IRS Form 1098-T (Tuition Statement) - Excelsior College
Page Hero - Tuition and Aid
IRS Form 1098-T (Tuition Statement)
Excelsior College issues 1098-T tax forms to students who have made payments to Excelsior College from January 1 through December 31, for eligible expenses.
To claim your educational tax credits, make sure your MyExcelsior My Profile information (login required) is up to date and includes your Social Security number.
IRS FORM 1098-T Online Option
Excelsior College, in conjunction with ECSI, offers you the opportunity to receive your 1098-T Tuition Statement Tax Form electronically.
Your benefits to receiving electronic delivery:
- You get access to your 1098-T earlier than the traditional mailing process.
- Online delivery eliminates the chance that your 1098-T will get lost, misdirected or delayed during delivery, or misplaced once you receive it.
- You can receive your 1098-T form even while traveling or on assignment away from your home address.
- Signing up for online delivery is easy and secure.
How to opt-in for electronic delivery:
You must opt-in by December 31 to receive your 1098-T electronically.
Follow these simple steps:
- Go to the ECSI Electronic Consent Application page.
- Follow the instructions on the web form.
- Check the box, and click submit.
It's that easy!
If electronic consent is not received by December 31, the 1098-T will be mailed to your current address on file.
IRS FORM 1098-T PAPER FORM
If you’re eligible to receive an IRS Form 1098-T and want to receive a paper copy, simply do nothing, and it will be mailed to you by January 31.
Visit http://www.ecsi.net/taxinfo.html for information regarding your tax documents and to obtain contact information for ECSI.
For additional information regarding the education tax credits and the tuition deduction, you may call the IRS at 800-829-1040 or download the IRS Publication 970 Tax Benefits for Education form.
Excelsior College is not qualified to provide legal and/or tax advice. Please contact your tax professional for determining your eligibility for any tax credit or tuition deduction.
The Bursar's office may be reached at 888-647-2388.