External Scholarships - Excelsior College
Page Hero - Tuition and Aid
External Scholarship Programs
Although the scholarship resources listed here have been carefully selected, Excelsior College cannot predict the extent of success or benefits that will be realized by any given student from the use of such resources and does not guarantee or assume responsibility for the completeness or accuracy of the materials listed.
- Actuarial Scholarships for Students - Financial assistance opportunities for students pursuing actuarial science.
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA) Scholarships - Scholarships for undergraduates with at least 30 credits completed who are studying accounting at U.S. colleges. Awards are up to $5,000 per student with about 300 winners annually.
- Gates Millennium Scholarships - This program is designed to provide outstanding African American, American Indian/Alaska Natives, Asian Pacific Islander American, and Hispanic American students opportunities to complete an undergraduate college education.
- 25 Scholarships Gateway from Black Excel - The Black Excel African American Student's College Guide presents more than 350 scholarships including a How to Get the Money guide.
- FinAid - The Smart Student Guide to Financial Aid. Discover scholarships that match your profile.
- College Answer - This SallieMae site provides answers for college planning and paying for college.
- College Board Scholarship Search - This online tool will help you locate scholarships, internships, grants, and loans that match your education level, talents, and background.
- CollegeNet's Scholarship Database - The Mach25 database lists over 600,000 awards totaling over $1.6 billion.
F.A. Davis Nursing Scholarship - Two nursing scholarships in 2017: $1,500 will be awarded to one undergraduate nursing student and to one graduate nursing student who is studying in the US or Canada. July 15, 2017 application deadline.
- Ron Brown Scholarships - These are prestigious, competitive scholarships focusing on a student's academic promise, leadership ability, and financial need.
- Black Excel Scholarship and Financial Aid Help - This is a listing of state-based resources for students.
- Aid and Resources for Re-entry Students - Back to College is an all-in-one, continually updated resource for adults returning to college.
- The Roothbert Scholarship Fund - The Roothbert Fund was created in 1958 by Albert and Toni Roothbert to help men and women in need of financial aid to further their education.
- Coca-Cola Scholars Scholarships - This a major competition with over 250 awards going to scholars with academic, leadership, and talent qualities. The award amount is from $4,000 to $20,000.
- JobApplicationsOnline.com Scholarship Program - This is a scholarship program for students working their way through college. This scholarship does require a 500 to 800 word essay.
Veterans Administration Scholarship Program
Excelsior College works in collaboration with the Veterans Healthcare Administration to promote the retention and reduce the attrition rates of VA scholarship participants (nationwide) enrolled in a nursing program at Excelsior College. Specific program planning was introduced and an advisor assigned to work with students and their respective VA Program Coordinators. Specific program planning is in place and an advisor is assigned to work with students and their respective VA Program Coordinators.
There are two scholarships offered by the VA for enrolled Excelsior nursing students:
- Employee Incentive Scholarship Program (EISP) - This is for associate degree in nursing students. These students continue to work while earning their degree and have a maximum of 6 years to complete the program.
- National Nursing Education Initiative (NNEI) scholarship - This is for students enrolled in the RN-BS or MS in nursing degree programs. These students continue to work while earning their degree and have a maximum of 6 years to complete the program.
Criteria to Apply for a VA Scholarship
- Obtain approval from VA Program Coordinator.
- Work at a VA hospital or health care facility. Be or become an enrolled nursing student with Excelsior College.
Excelsior College's Responsibilities
- Secure up-to-date Excelsior College Privacy Release forms.
- Create a Plan of Study for each VA Scholarship applicant; amend as needed.
- Complete Credit Verification worksheet for each VA Scholarship applicant; amend as needed.
- Request letters of enrollment from the Dean for VA scholarship applicants.
- Assist in resolving billing issues related to Excelsior College services provided to VA Scholarship students.
- Provide transcript evaluations for enrolled students and send a copy of the My Academic Plan to the student and their respective VA Program Coordinator at least once a semester.
- Provide written notification to the student about failing grades; suggest study strategies, Excelsior College resources.
- Maintain regular communication with students to update and monitor their academic plans and resolve any student issues.
- Notify VA Program Coordinator if student is not meeting their plan of study.
- Counsel prospective students about the nursing programs, degree requirements, and information about the VA scholarships and the application process.
- Work collaboratively with the Excelsior College advisor to encourage continued student engagement and progression.