July 30, 2021
- Manage calendar(s) of the AVPEM and AVPSS; schedule meetings/events; reserve conference rooms/facilities; ensure log-in details are secured and communicated for virtual meetings; ensure agendas and meeting materials are prepared and distributed; arrange for technology, catering, and/or other meeting needs; greet guests and ensure they have what is needed for meeting/event
- Prepare agendas and record minutes for assigned meetings; prepare and disseminate notes; track action items to ensure completion
- Oversee assigned projects; coordinate logistics, plan timelines, track deliverables; collaborate with College team members to ensure thorough planning and inclusive decision making
- Serve as EM and SS point person on unit budgets—specifically, place orders, secure P.O.'s, arrange/reconcile travel and other expenses; collaborate with College fiscal office as appropriate
- Create/Maintain SharePoint unit sites for the AVPEM and AVPSS teams
- Research, compose, modify, and proof correspondence/e-mails on behalf of the AVPEM and AVPSS; ensure all relevant background information is identified and provided for AVPEM/AVPSS review; create forms upon request; prepare reports and presentations as assigned
- Cultivate strong working partnerships with a wide variety of College executives, faculty, staff, students and other individuals on behalf of AVPEM/AVPSS and their units
- Create, modify, maintain administrative directories
- Develop and maintain intuitive paper and/or electronic filing systems
- Assist AVPSS/AVPEM with retention of College records in accordance with Federal and State regulations and College policy; secure confidential correspondence and records.
- Associate degree required (bachelor's degree preferred) in business, liberal arts, management, or other related field 3 to 4 years of relevant executive support experience; experience in higher education preferred
- Exceptional interpersonal and customer-service skills; accountability for own work and work of the College; collaborative spirit; ability to build solid relationships with diverse people; strong written/spoken communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to organize own work as well as the work of others; ability to work quickly and accurately in a fast-paced environment with competing priorities and frequent interruptions
- Strong calendar-management experience
- High technological proficiency utilizing software/systems including but not limited to MS Office suite, Outlook, Business World, and Zoom
- Exceptional judgment and problem solving, discretion, diplomacy, tact; ability to anticipate issues and proactively pursue logical solutions
- Strong work ethic and team focus; creative and fun energy; good sense of humor.
If you have problems with online submission, please call 518-608-8270.
Excelsior College offers competitive compensation and a generous benefits package that includes paid time off, retirement, and excellent health insurance. Interested candidates should submit a letter of application, resume, and the names of three professional references. Please submit requested information by clicking the Apply Now button on this page.
Excelsior College is an equal opportunity employer committed to ensuring all qualified applicants receive consideration for employment without regard to any legally protected characteristic.Apply Now View All Jobs