Assistant Dean – College of Liberal Arts/Sciences
April 19, 2023
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following: Other duties may be assigned.
Strategic Operational Program and Course Management
- Interpret and coordinate the implementation of academic and administrative policies and procedures.
- Support the institutional and school goals as defined in the strategic plans.
- Coordinate the advanced planning of course schedules in collaboration with the department chairs.
- Oversee adjunct faculty scheduling in collaboration with department chairs.
- Manage the course development and revision process in collaboration with department chairs and instructional design unit.
Communication and Community Building
- Serve as the School’s primary liaison to all units and offices that impact the enrolled student experience
- Foster a culture of engagement with students and alumni
- Represent the School on College-wide councils, task forces, and groups as assigned
Project Planning, Implementation, and Management
- Coordinate internal administrative functions associated with new program development, approval, and launch, as well as revisions, deactivations, or closures of existing programs, emphases, and concentrations
- Provide data and supporting documentation for faculty-driven outcomes assessment efforts
- Collaborate with key units to prepare meaningful, accurate data and supporting documentation to guide the evidence-based decision making and reporting needs of the School
- Contribute to development of business practices and organizational change to improve processes and workflow
- Supervise operational staff
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able and willing to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Master’s degree in a field related to adult higher education
- A minimum of five years of increasing leadership experience in implementing online learning environments is required.
- Candidate must demonstrate exceptional organizational and decision-making skills;
- Strong empirical, analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Experience utilizing database software, technology and various learning management systems is essential.
- Additionally, the candidate must be able to manage multiple priorities, meet deadlines, and prepare accurate and detailed reports.
If you have problems with online submission, please call 518-608-8270.
Excelsior University offers competitive compensation and a generous benefits package that includes paid time off, retirement, and excellent health insurance. Interested candidates should submit a letter of application, resume, and the names of three professional references. Please submit requested information by clicking the Apply Now button on this page.
Excelsior University is an equal opportunity employer committed to ensuring all qualified applicants receive consideration for employment without regard to any legally protected characteristic.Apply Now View All Jobs