Assistant Director of Financial Aid
The Assistant Director of Financial Aid assists the leadership team in the day-to-day operations of the department and coordinates and manages the operation and execution of (at least one) Title IV program(s), ensuring that policies and procedures reflect current Federal regulations, are effective, efficient and student-centered. The successful candidate will be responsible for the packaging, repackaging and counseling of students within the respective case load, as well as, understanding all regulations that pertain to the accurate administration of Title IV funds. This position primarily focuses on the efficient and compliant management of Title IV programs but involves all aspects the Financial Aid office. It is preferred that the Assistant Director of Financial Aid is based in Albany, New York, or a surrounding vicinity.Duties and Responsibilities:
- Administer Title IV program (s) for the university including, but not limited to; awarding, verification and assisting in reconciliation in collaboration with other units of the University and Common Origination and Disbursement (COD).
- Ensure compliance with all Federal Title IV regulations, develop and maintain policies and procedures.
- Work in collaboration with the Associate Directors and Director to prepare for and engage in the annual A-133 audit.
- Responsible for remaining up-to-date with changes in regulation as well as interpreting and implementing those regulations within assigned program(s).
- Responsible for communicating all changes, related to assigned program(s), to all stakeholders.
- Responsible for creating and maintaining process flows for assigned program(s).
- Work to promote academic success, increase retention, decrease time toward graduation, and improve the overall educational experience of students.
- Support the development of the whole student by providing excellent customer service and resolution of issues through telephone, email, and preparation of written correspondence for financial aid.
- Serve as an information resource for all incoming students, transfers, and re-entering students as well as internal staff.
- Assist with developing, revising, and updating processes of financial aid related to Title IV program administration along with creating and/or editing any required forms and publications.
- Participate in professional development.
- Engage in and support the development and administration of Student Financial Services.
If you have problems with online submission, please call 518-608-8270.
Excelsior University offers competitive compensation and a generous benefits package that includes paid time off, retirement, and excellent health insurance. Interested candidates should submit a letter of application, resume, and the names of three professional references. Please submit requested information by clicking the Apply Now button on this page.
Excelsior University is an equal opportunity employer committed to ensuring all qualified applicants receive consideration for employment without regard to any legally protected characteristic.Apply Now View All Jobs