Bilingual Financial Aid Counselor (Adelante! Program)
Albany, NY | Remote |
- Relay important deadlines to students and convey the financing/payment process to students effectively throughout the program.
- Administer Title IV program (s) for the college including, but not limited to; awarding, verification and assisting in the reconciliation with the Bursar's Office and Common Origination and Disbursement (COD).
- Ensure compliance with all Federal Title IV regulations, develop and maintain policies and procedures
- Responsible for communicating all changes related to their program(s) to all stakeholders
- Responsible for creating and maintaining process flows for assigned program(s)
- Work to promote academic success, increase retention, decrease time toward graduation, and improve the overall educational experience of Adelante! program students
- Support the development of the whole student by providing excellent customer service and resolution of issues through telephone, email, and preparation of written correspondence for financial aid
- Serve as an information resource for all incoming students, transfers, and re-entering students as well as internal staff.
- This position requires a Bachelor’s Degree and a minimum of 2 years’ experience in financial aid or related student service administration.
- Must speak Spanish and English fluently, be knowledgeable about Latinx culture, and have worked in a college or university setting with Latinx adult learners. Must possess expertise in college financial aid sources and packaging.
- Candidate must demonstrate experience in student financial aid regulations, financial aid software and proficiency with Microsoft Word & Excel.
- Strong communication skills, attention to detail and strong problem-solving skills are essential.
- The ideal candidate will have experience with PowerFAIDS financial aid management system and also demonstrate an interest in promoting distance learning higher education to a diverse adult student population.
If you have problems with online submission, please call 518-608-8270.
Excelsior College offers competitive compensation and a generous benefits package that includes paid time off, retirement, and excellent health insurance. Interested candidates should submit a letter of application, resume, and the names of three professional references. Please submit requested information by clicking the Apply Now button on this page.
Excelsior College is an equal opportunity employer committed to ensuring all qualified applicants receive consideration for employment without regard to any legally protected characteristic.Apply Now View All Jobs