Build and Integration Engineer
August 1, 2022
Albany, NY | Remote |
- Manage code deployments, fixes, updates and related processes.
- Automate and maintain our operational processes as needed, with accuracy and in compliance with our security requirements.
- Maintain and supports the data and application integration platforms.
- Actively troubleshoot any issues that arise during testing and production, catching and solving issues before launch.
- Create, maintain and update technical documents and procedures.
- Prepare accurate time estimates for projects and manage tasks to meet deadlines.
- Preparing maintenance plans and upgrading schedules for Application Support’s systems.
- Work with partners and vendors to facilitate data exchanges.
- Work with source control such as GIT and SVN.
- Stay current with industry trends and source new ways for our college to improve.
- Stay informed, plan for and deploy new software versions, version upgrades, and patches.
- Attend professional conferences and training courses as required.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or related discipline or Associates degree with 4 years of demonstrable competency.
- At least two years experience with at least one of the following:
- Jenkins, Puppet or Chef for automation and configuration.
- Linux/Unix, Windows and/or AWS administration.
- Container technology tools such as Kubernetes and Docker.
- Two years experience with databases such as Oracle and Microsoft SQL.
- Familiarity with ETL tools and/or application integration platforms preferred.
- Experience with project management and workflow tools preferred.
- Experience with open-source technologies and cloud services preferred.
- Excellent organizational and decision-making skills including the demonstrated ability to manage multiple
- priorities and meet deadlines while providing quality results and customer service.
- Stellar troubleshooting skills.
- Effective communicator that works well in a collaborative team setting.
If you have problems with online submission, please call 518-608-8270.
Excelsior University offers competitive compensation and a generous benefits package that includes paid time off, retirement, and excellent health insurance. Interested candidates should submit a letter of application, resume, and the names of three professional references. Please submit requested information by clicking the Apply Now button on this page.
Excelsior University is an equal opportunity employer committed to ensuring all qualified applicants receive consideration for employment without regard to any legally protected characteristic.Apply Now View All Jobs