Business Development Specialist (B2B Recruitment)
June 22, 2022
Working with Director of Business Development (DBD), the Business Development Specialist (BDS)will help identify and pursue new B2B market channels, create B2B sales strategies, and be an active and supportive team member that is primarily responsible for generating growth for the college through various partner opportunities. Utilizing a consultative sales approach, the BDS will help the Business Development team achieve monthly sales goals as well as individual sales goals. The successful candidate will be able to work independently and as part of a team to help successfully achieve inquiry/enrollment/revenue goals and objectives. This position requires travel as necessary. This is a remote role.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Brainstorm with the business development team to create new sales pipelines, identify new targets, and find new market opportunities.
- Research market opportunities and industry trends.
- Manage pipeline effectively daily and utilize CRM to monitor and track sales progress as well as lead communications.
- Coordinate and lead prospective client meetings.
- Close sales opportunities to meet quarterly growth goals with the expectation of signing at least 2 new top level corporate or association partners per month.
- Create and utilize relevant sales pitches for targeted industries.
- Create presentations and pitches for prospective partners.
- Establish and maintain effective relationships with customers via email, phone, and in-person.
- Possess a solid knowledge of Excelsior College degree programs and services and relate this information to partners to align workforce and customer needs with solutions.
- Effectively transition new partners to the Onboarding Team in a timely and thorough manner.
- Bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited institution required and at least 5 years of B2B sales experience with demonstrated skill set to include; prospecting, cold calling, consultative sales processes, proposal writing, and closing.
- Experience in higher education is a plus.
- The ability to be comfortable and persistent on the telephone.
- Motivated by success, passionate and highly driven to achieve targets.
- Resilience, perseverance and an ability to overcome objections.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to work with diverse populations.
- Excellent organizational and decision-making skills.
- Ability to work effectively in a remote setting,
- Successfully manage multiple tasks and meet designated deadlines.
- Ability to review/prepare accurate detailed documents.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office products and willingness to learn new applications.
- Knowledge of Salesforce a plus.
- Ability to travel. Conference attendance and off-site meetings will be required.
- Occasional weekend / evening hours and overnight travel.
Ability to write reports and business correspondence. Ability to effectively present information on an individual basis and respond to questions from groups of academic staff, students, military and the general public. Must be able to present presentations to large or small groups in diverse environments.
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, percentages, Ability to apply concepts of fractions, percentages and ratio to practical situations.
Other Skills and Responsibilities:
The ability to build relationships, take part in social networking and use email to develop relationships. Excellent communication skills and the desire to speak out and promote Excelsior College. The successful individual will have a positive attitude, work well with others, be able to think strategically, have experience in business development, demonstrate creativity and enthusiasm, and represent the College with professionalism.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; talk and/or hear. Occasionally lift up to 25lbs. A willingness to travel is essential. A valid U.S. driver’s license is required.
If you have problems with online submission, please call 518-608-8270.
Excelsior College offers competitive compensation and a generous benefits package that includes paid time off, retirement, and excellent health insurance. Interested candidates should submit a letter of application, resume, and the names of three professional references. Please submit requested information by clicking the Apply Now button on this page.
Excelsior College is an equal opportunity employer committed to ensuring all qualified applicants receive consideration for employment without regard to any legally protected characteristic.Apply Now View All Jobs