Clinical Examiner – Multiple Locations
Excelsior College, a regionally accredited, virtual, private, nonprofit institution of higher learning is seeking dynamic applicants for the position of Clinical Examiner in the School of Nursing. This is a part-time opportunity at multiple locations. Click "Apply" to view positions and locations.The Clinical Performance in Nursing Examination (CPNE®) is a criterion-referenced performance examination administered over a weekend in a hospital. Students are awarded 8 semester credits upon successful completion. Examiners are responsible for one-on-one clinical evaluation of nursing students enrolled in the Excelsior College distance education nursing program. Part-time clinical examiner positions are available at contracted hospital(s) locally. This is not a virtual/at-a-distance position. The position reports to the Director of CPNE Operations and the Assistant Dean for AD Nursing within the Excelsior College School of Nursing.
- Evaluate student performance in patient care and simulated settings.
- Orient students to patient care unit.
- Observe student performance at all times.
- Document student performance using prescribed tools.
- Coordinate student assignment with hospital staff.
- Protect patients from physical jeopardy.
- Consult, as needed, with the supervisor on site during the examination.
- Create a student testing assignment according to examination protocols.
- Assure that the student has the equipment and supplies needed for the examination.
- Master’s degree in Nursing is required.
- 1-2 years experience in teaching and evaluating generic nursing students in a school of nursing or experience orienting graduate RNs to clinical practice.
- Experience in evaluating students during clinical performance test preferred.
Additional requirements for the position
- Candidate must successfully complete a College-sponsored training program.
- Candidate must be able to work weekends (from 4 pm Friday to 5 pm Sunday) every four to six weeks.
For full consideration, please submit three (3) nursing references (RN, NP) that can verify your current contemporary nursing practice along with your application and resume.
If you have problems with online submission, please call 518-608-8270.
Excelsior College offers competitive compensation and a generous benefits package that includes paid time off, retirement, and excellent health insurance. Interested candidates should submit a letter of application, resume, and the names of three professional references. Please submit requested information by clicking the Apply Now button on this page.
Excelsior College is an equal opportunity employer committed to ensuring all qualified applicants receive consideration for employment without regard to any legally protected characteristic.Apply Now View All Jobs