Department Chair – Graduate Business
April 5, 2023
Department Leadership and Administration
- Work with faculty, staff and students within the department to establish and maintain strategic and operational project plans and budgets that are consistent with the college and university goals
- Serve as a departmental liaison within the school and coordinate with the Provost’s Office and other cross-functional units within the institution
- Ensure departmental compliance with rules, regulations, and standards of School, College, University, State, and institutional and specialized accreditors.
- Coordinate and monitor program pathways and course schedules to ensure program and student success
- Manage course registrations and instructor assignments in accordance with university-set benchmarks and quality metrics
- Manage and regularly monitor departmental operations within parameters and guidelines set by the College.
- Recruit, appoint, evaluate, and supervise performance of faculty
- Support and oversee the overall development of the faculty within department
- Review and revise department information published in the university catalog
- Collaborate with marketing and enrollment management to maintain to departmental print and electronic records, including web-based assets
- Collaborate on curriculum development, alignment and revisions for the department in conjunction with university priorities and guidelines
- Foster a culture of excellence, innovation, and engagement in curriculum development and course design in coordination with university instructional design unit
- Review and assess academic programs offered by the department according to established university guidelines, metrics and specialized accreditation requirements where applicable
- Assess University-level, program, and general education learning outcomes for courses taught within the department in collaboration with the university’s outcomes assessment unit, faculty, and students within programs
- Leads the development and implementation of new and redesigned academic programs at the direction of the Executive Dean.
- Participate in student success data meetings and engage in evidence-based decision-making to support the quality improvement of program, curriculum, and faculty and ensure student success
- Evaluate transfer credit and prior learning assessments in accordance with University standards and in collaboration with academic evaluators in the Transcript Analysis Center
- Has teaching responsibilities within University-established workload model
- Maintain a scholarly agenda in alignment with university and college and strategic priorities
- Engage department faculty in university and community service activities as appropriate
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able and willing to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- An earned doctorate in business, management, organizational leadership, or and earned Master's with at least 18 credit hours at the graduate level in related business field.
- Minimum of seven years teaching experience.
- Experience and comfort teaching across multiple modalities, and leveraging strengths of each to inform instructional practice
- Five to seven years of progressive administrative experience, with consistent indicators of exemplary performance.
- Demonstrated experience with the recruitment, selection, evaluation, development, and mentoring of faculty.
- Experience with program and student learning outcomes assessment, as well as program and institutional accreditation processes and procedures.
- Experience with supporting the coordination, preparation and maintenance of a budget in an academic environment
- Strong track record or working collaboratively and collegially with faculty across disciplines to support high quality standards.
- Excellent communication skills, comfort with timelines, dates and deliverables are a must.
- The salary range for this position is $80,000 -$110,000. Some travel to Albany NY will be required.
If you have problems with online submission, please call 518-608-8270.
Excelsior University offers competitive compensation and a generous benefits package that includes paid time off, retirement, and excellent health insurance. Interested candidates should submit a letter of application, resume, and the names of three professional references. Please submit requested information by clicking the Apply Now button on this page.
Excelsior University is an equal opportunity employer committed to ensuring all qualified applicants receive consideration for employment without regard to any legally protected characteristic.Apply Now View All Jobs