July 5, 2022
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Communicates effectively with alumni, donors and both internal and external contacts via email, zoom, phone and in person, building rapport with all constituents.
- Coordinates travel and plans 5-7 alumni and donor events for Excelsior leadership target markets.
- Identifies, cultivates, solicits, and stewards major gift donors and prospects including individuals, corporations, and/or foundations, through visits and other forms of direct personal contact in accordance with performance targets.
- Assists and/or leads in short- and long-range strategic planning activities to create and implement fundraising goals and objectives.
- Researches new opportunities for support through corporate and foundation grants.
- Makes effective use of Excelsior's prospect management database and other institutional resources to ensure appropriate management of donors, prospects, alumni, and volunteers in coordination with fundraising objectives.
- Conducts research to identify prospects, with an emphasis on major gifts exceeding $5,000, and creates strategies to match prospects' interests to the priorities.
- Researches, writes, edits, and/or oversees the preparation of persuasive solicitations, proposals, case statements.
- Bachelor's degree required, preferably in marketing or communications.
- 2-3 years of experience in development and/or direct fundraising work.
- Must be willing to travel and meet donors on nights and weekends.
- Proficiency in MS Office.
- A self-motivated individual; a good team player with a high level of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Good organization, communication and decision-making skills are necessary.
- Strong time management skills with the ability to plan, prioritize, monitor, and respond to changes quickly.
- Ability to work and interact with various levels of professionals from the alumni and college community.
If you have problems with online submission, please call 518-608-8270.
Excelsior College offers competitive compensation and a generous benefits package that includes paid time off, retirement, and excellent health insurance. Interested candidates should submit a letter of application, resume, and the names of three professional references. Please submit requested information by clicking the Apply Now button on this page.
Excelsior College is an equal opportunity employer committed to ensuring all qualified applicants receive consideration for employment without regard to any legally protected characteristic.Apply Now View All Jobs