Faculty Program Director – Associate Degree in Nursing
Apply Now View All Jobs Closing Date
November 4, 2021
Albany, NY | Remote |
Faculty Program Directors (FPDs) are essential to the governance and academic success of Excelsior College. As academic leaders, FPDs are responsible for the creation of degree programs and the development, oversight, and evaluation of the curricula. They are also responsible for all aspects of managing faculty, including recruitment, supervision, mentoring, evaluation, and professional development. Faculty Program Directors work closely with the deans, other academic leaders, and staff across the college. They ensure that programs and teaching are of the highest quality and are student-centered. Ongoing professional development, scholarship, and service to the College are also expectations of this position. This is a non-tenure, full-time position based on-site in Albany, New York. Remote applicants will be considered for this role with the understanding that there will be required training/start-up time (anticipated to be a minimum of 1 month with the possibility of an extra month or so) in the main Albany office; and remote applicants will be required to have had some experience working in a remote capacity (minimum of six months).Duties and Responsibilities:
- Development and continuous improvement of the nursing curricula.
- Implementation, evaluation, and revision of courses.
- Collaboration with other college units to develop and implement student services.
- Engagement in evidence-based decision making and quality improvement at the program and course levels.
- Collaboration with the executive director of outcomes assessment and evaluation and other outcomes assessment professionals to develop, monitor, and assess student learning outcomes.
- Orientation, mentoring, and evaluation of part-time faculty in instructional and/or clinical faculty roles.
- Participation in School of Nursing curriculum committees and other College-wide committees and activities.
- Participation in activities that support the College's strategic plan and the strategic priorities of the School of Nursing.
- Participation in student satisfaction and retention activities.
- Represent the SON and College at professional meetings and forums.
- Professional Development and Scholarship. The School of Nursing uses Boyer's framework of scholarship.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.Education and Experience:
A minimum of a master’s degree, with preference for an earned doctorate, from a regionally accredited United States institution or an equivalent, nationally recognized foreign institution of higher learning. Experience in higher education is preferred.Other qualifications:
A license to practice as a registered professional nurse and eligibility for licensure in New York State and Tennessee. • Demonstrated excellence in written and oral communication. • Ability to work with diverse constituencies and staff. • Demonstrated commitment to nontraditional education of adults. • Experience with curriculum development and outcomes assessment. • Demonstrated ability in a supervisory role. • Experience with online education preferred.
If you have problems with online submission, please call 518-608-8270.
Excelsior College offers competitive compensation and a generous benefits package that includes paid time off, retirement, and excellent health insurance. Interested candidates should submit a letter of application, resume, and the names of three professional references. Please submit requested information by clicking the Apply Now button on this page.
Excelsior College is an equal opportunity employer committed to ensuring all qualified applicants receive consideration for employment without regard to any legally protected characteristic. Apply Now View All Jobs