Faculty Program Director – Cybersecurity
October 12, 2022
Albany, NY | Remote |
Faculty Program Directors work closely with the deans, other academic leaders and staff across the college. They ensure that programs and teaching are of the highest quality and are student-centered. Ongoing professional development, scholarship, and service to the University are also expectations of this position. The skills and knowledge required for this position include teamwork leadership, ability to meet budget requirements and deadlines, cybersecurity course development, experience with online training, marketing and social media strategies, computer applications, problem solving and decision making skills, strong technical and training skills in business as well as strong hands-on technical skills. This person must be able to think strategically, gain consensus, collaborate effectively with multiple groups, and execute plans to meet the goals of the Academic Program and University. This role is ideally based in Albany, NY or the surrounding areas, but remote applicants will be considered.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide leadership and oversight to all matters related to cybersecurity program development/review; curricular and course development/review.
- Update program content and materials and/or delivery methods, based on emerging practice, changes in the discipline, instructional effectiveness data, current or future performance requirements, feasibility, and costs.
- Recruit, retain, and evaluate faculty and subject matter experts.
- Determine course schedules and assign faculty for teaching assignments.
- Work collaboratively to mediate and resolve faculty, curricular, and student issues.
- Participate in the School of Undergraduate Studies and University-wide committees and activities.
- Participate in activities supporting the University's strategic plan and the goals of the School of Undergraduate Studies.
- Engage in quality improvement and student satisfaction/retention initiatives.
- Provide leadership for the National Cybersecurity Institute at Excelsior University including building and maintaining community, governmental, educational and industry relationships, including partnerships and student opportunities.
- Participate in activities in service to the advancement of cybersecurity.
- Seek and support external funding for initiatives associated with cybersecurity programs and the National Cybersecurity Institute including grants.
- An earned Masters degree or significant progress towards the completion of a Doctorate in the field of Cybersecurity or related field or equivalent experience in the targeted discipline/community (an earned PhD is preferred).
- Experience with online/distance education preferred.
- Teaching experience in higher education, experience in curriculum development and implementation and/or industry experience at a managerial level required.
- Demonstrated commitment to the nontraditional education of adults. Canvas or related LMS literacy preferred.
If you have problems with online submission, please call 518-608-8270.
Excelsior University offers competitive compensation and a generous benefits package that includes paid time off, retirement, and excellent health insurance. Interested candidates should submit a letter of application, resume, and the names of three professional references. Please submit requested information by clicking the Apply Now button on this page.
Excelsior University is an equal opportunity employer committed to ensuring all qualified applicants receive consideration for employment without regard to any legally protected characteristic.Apply Now View All Jobs