Faculty Program Director – Information Technology
June 25, 2021
Albany, NY | Remote |
- Provide leadership and oversight to all matters related to Information Technology program development/review; curricular and course development/review.
- Update program content and materials and/or delivery methods, based on emerging practice, changes in the discipline, instructional effectiveness data, current or future performance requirements, feasibility, and costs.
- Oversee the development of new academic offerings such as programs/courses/vertical credentials that adhere to ABET requirements
- Recruit, retain, and evaluate faculty and subject matter experts.
- Mentor, train, and develop faculty.
- Determine course schedule and assign faculty for teaching assignments.
- Work collaboratively to mediate and resolve faculty, curricular, and student issues.
- Participate in the School of Undergraduate Studies and College-wide committees and activities.
- Participate in activities supporting the College's strategic plan and the goals of the School of Undergraduate Studies.
- Engage in quality improvement and student satisfaction/retention initiatives.
- Build and maintain community and industry relationships, including project partnerships and student opportunities.
- Participate in activities in service to the advancement of Information Technology.
- An earned Doctorate degree or significant progress towards the completion of a Doctorate in the field of Information Technology or related field or equivalent experience in the targeted discipline/community (an earned PhD is preferred).
- Experience with online/distance education preferred.
- Teaching experience in higher education, experience in curriculum development and implementation and/or industry experience at a managerial level preferred.
- Demonstrated commitment to the nontraditional education of adults. Canvas or related LMS literacy preferred.
If you have problems with online submission, please call 518-608-8270.
Excelsior College offers competitive compensation and a generous benefits package that includes paid time off, retirement, and excellent health insurance. Interested candidates should submit a letter of application, resume, and the names of three professional references. Please submit requested information by clicking the Apply Now button on this page.
Excelsior College is an equal opportunity employer committed to ensuring all qualified applicants receive consideration for employment without regard to any legally protected characteristic.Apply Now View All Jobs