Faculty Program Director – Nursing
April 16, 2021
This is a non-tenured, full time faculty position in the baccalaureate and master’s programs in the School of Nursing. Development of career competencies is a cornerstone of the baccalaureate and master’s nursing curricula and the faculty program director is responsible for ensuring the delivery of quality instruction and curricula that prepares graduates to thrive in a dynamic health care environment. The faculty program director is responsible for oversight of BS and MS curricula and part- time instructional faculty. The faculty program director will collaborate with members of the School of Nursing and Excelsior College to meet students’ needs and assure continuous quality improvement of nursing curricula. Faculty program directors will also serve on department and college governance committees. The faculty program director reports to the managing faculty program director. Travel may be required occasionally. The position will consider remote applicants.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Development and continuous improvement of the nursing curricula.
- Implementation, evaluation, and revision of courses.
- Collaboration with other college units to develop and implement student services.
- Engagement in evidence-based decision making and quality improvement at the program and course levels.
- Collaboration with the executive director of outcomes assessment and evaluation and other outcomes assessment professionals to develop, monitor, and assess student learning outcomes.
- Orientation, mentoring, and evaluation of part-time faculty in instructional and/or clinical faculty roles.
- Participation in School of Nursing curriculum committees and other College-wide committees and activities.
- Participation in activities that support the College’s strategic plan and the strategic priorities of the School of Nursing.
- Participation in student satisfaction and retention activities.
- Represent the SON and College at professional meetings and forums.
- Professional Development and Scholarship. The School of Nursing uses Boyer’s framework of scholarship.
- A doctoral degree in nursing or a related field is required for this position. Other qualifications include:
- A license to practice as a registered professional nurse and eligibility for licensure in New York State and Tennessee.
- Experience in nursing education and curriculum development.
- Demonstrated excellence in written and oral communication.
- Ability to work with diverse constituencies and staff.
- Demonstrated commitment to nontraditional education of adults.
- Experience with distance education.
If you have problems with online submission, please call 518-608-8270.
Excelsior College offers competitive compensation and a generous benefits package that includes paid time off, retirement, and excellent health insurance. Interested candidates should submit a letter of application, resume, and the names of three professional references. Please submit requested information by clicking the Apply Now button on this page.
Excelsior College is an equal opportunity employer committed to ensuring all qualified applicants receive consideration for employment without regard to any legally protected characteristic.Apply Now View All Jobs