Faculty Program Director – Skills Lab (Nursing)
May 16, 2022
- Creation of a learning environment that enhances the student’s ability to use conceptual thinking and nursing judgment.
- Utilizing research and literature findings to integrate best practices into lab instruction.
- Providing feedback and evaluate student video skills assessments in coordination with faculty.
- Maintaining inventory of supplies, equipment, and learning resources
- Development and continuous improvement of the nursing curricula.
- Implementation, evaluation, and revision of courses.
- Engagement in evidence-based decision making and quality improvement at the program and course levels.
- Orientation, mentoring, and evaluation of part-time faculty in instructional and/or clinical/lab faculty roles.
- Participation in School of Nursing curriculum committees and other College-wide committees and activities.
- Participation in activities that support the College's strategic plan and the strategic priorities of the School of Nursing.
- Master’s degree in nursing from a regionally accredited United States institution or an equivalent, nationally recognized foreign institution of higher learning.
- Experience in classroom and clinical teaching in a nursing program.
- Experience in clinical nursing practice in an acute care setting.
- Experience with simulation in a simulation laboratory.
- Proficiency with simulation technology and computers.
- A license to practice as a registered professional nurse and eligibility for licensure in New York State and Tennessee.
- Demonstrated excellence in written and oral communication.
- Ability to work with diverse constituencies and staff.
- Demonstrated commitment to nontraditional education of adults.
- Experience with curriculum development and outcomes assessment.
- Experience with online education preferred.
If you have problems with online submission, please call 518-608-8270.
Excelsior College offers competitive compensation and a generous benefits package that includes paid time off, retirement, and excellent health insurance. Interested candidates should submit a letter of application, resume, and the names of three professional references. Please submit requested information by clicking the Apply Now button on this page.
Excelsior College is an equal opportunity employer committed to ensuring all qualified applicants receive consideration for employment without regard to any legally protected characteristic.Apply Now View All Jobs