Duties and Responsibilities:
- Conduct a monthly review of budgets versus actuals via unit and account analyses including explanations of significant items and variances for Provost review and understanding. Provide recommendations for preserving the unit budget.
- Identify and coordinate financial training needs for academic units within the Provost Office. Work with Executive Director of Budget to prepare training materials. Serve as a resource for staff relative to financial processes and systems.
- Establish working relationships with relevant offices within the Provost Office. Acts as the Provost Office liaison to the Fiscal Office for matters of budgeting, forecasting, or spending.
- Assist Executive Director of Budget in designing and conducting budget and forecast training of the use of Business World Planner and review of process or system changes and enhancements.
- Assist Executive Director of Budget with a variety of special projects as needed; complete ad hoc analysis as requested.
- Using Budget Office documentation, learn Business World Planner functionality to prepare for and support both annual budgets and quarterly forecasts in the system.
- As needed, customize, test, document and implement Planner configuration and functionality in Business World, sometimes involving collaboration with Technology and Facility Services.
- Retrieve and utilize data from Business World via the Desktop (backend query tool) to create analyses for Fiscal and University leadership review and decision making in support of the Strategic Plan.
- Create complex, meaningful analyses across timeframes and planning cycles (forecasts, budgets) to demonstrate trends, disparities, etc. in guiding University leadership decision making.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or Accounting required.
- High level of proficiency utilizing computer-based applications including Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Proficiency in maintaining and using a budgeting module of a financial management system
- Excellent organizational skills with ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Effective interpersonal and business communication skills to provide quality staff/customer service.
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- Strong attention to detail and high degree of accuracy required.
- Ability and interest to learn budget software.
If you have problems with online submission, please call 518-608-8270.
Excelsior University offers competitive compensation and a generous benefits package that includes paid time off, retirement, and excellent health insurance. Interested candidates should submit a letter of application, resume, and the names of three professional references. Please submit requested information by clicking the Apply Now button on this page.
Excelsior University is an equal opportunity employer committed to ensuring all qualified applicants receive consideration for employment without regard to any legally protected characteristic.Apply Now View All Jobs