Full Time Faculty – Analytics and Supply Chain Management
Albany, NY | Remote |
The Full-time Faculty member is a faculty position with exempt status. Reporting to the Department Chair of Undergraduate Business, this non-tenure track full-time faculty position is expected to provide academic instruction to degree, certificate, and non-degree learners. Responsibilities include online teaching and virtual collaboration work, including curriculum development and oversight, committee work, and maintaining a program of scholarship, continued learning, and/or practice within their area of expertise and specialization. Teaching responsibilities include supply chain management, data literacy and analytics, visualization, operations management, logistics, and warehousing. Some travel is required. Collaborative work normally occurs between 8:30-5 EST weekdays, with some teaching responsibilities to occur over the weekend.
Full-time faculty are expected to support department and school leadership in terms of recommendations on program and course design, the assessment of student learning in accordance with university, college, and program standards, and the execution of data-informed and high-quality learning experiences within courses.
The full-time faculty position will provide a benefit to the University by aligning courses and programs with accreditation (Middle States and IACBE) requirements, serving as a model by providing rigorous oversight of course development and revisions, and facilitating student learning and success in support of the University’s academic programs. Full-time faculty are expected to show a willingness to take on essential roles and duties as needed, within the department, school, college, or university, and as directed by the department, school, and college leadership.Duties and Responsibilities: Teaching:
- Teach 10-12 courses (30-36 credits per year) and advance student learning through dedicated, exemplary instruction in accordance with established course outlines, University standards, and external benchmarks of quality. (The Excelsior model runs 8-week courses, currently completely online.)
- Adhere to all policies specified in the Faculty Handbook and serve as a model to other faculty. (Specific teaching responsibilities are outlined in the Faculty Handbook.)
- Lead and/or coordinate the development and/or revision of courses, including serving as subject matter expert for course development projects, with a focus on data-informed continuous quality improvement.
- Review courses on an ongoing basis using data on course and instructional quality to improve student learning and success outcomes.
- Participate in program improvement initiatives including university-established program reviews, supporting the department to improve program performance. participate in developing, implementing, and analyzing student learning outcomes and utilize data to improve the quality of course, program, and student outcomes.
- Confer with members of educational committees and advisory groups to obtain knowledge of subject areas, and relate curriculum materials to specific subjects, individual student needs, occupational areas, and discipline knowledge.
- Serve on the appropriate University, College, departmental and professional society committees as directed by the Department Chair.
- Attend Commencement and University activities, in person. (This role can expect to travel up to 6 times a year or as needed.)
- Contribute to professional development activities, both departmental and university-wide.
- Participate in activities supporting the University's strategic plan and the goals of the College.
- Provide subject matter assistance to advising, and in collaboration with the academic advisors provide academic guidance to students.
- Provide professional assistance to instructional faculty, staff, and students.
- Facilitate recruitment, retention, and timely graduation of students.
- Promote and coordinate student professional organizations.
- Support community and industry relationships, including support for project partnerships and student opportunities.
- Contribute to recruitment of dedicated and diverse instructional faculty.
- Comply with published College Policies and Procedures.
- Collaborate with internal and external stakeholders on the development and assessment of program and course outcomes.
- Participate in professional development activities, both departmental and college-wide.
- Maintain a scholarly agenda (conference presentations, scholarly work, paper publications).
- Maintain current knowledge in the subject matter area and innovate effective teaching/ learning strategies.
- Pursue furthering of domain knowledge and academic skills through scholarly activities by attending professional conferences, publishing papers or articles, etc.
- Research and/or compile data as assigned.
- Maintain appropriate standards of professional conduct and ethics.
- Other duties may be assigned.
- Required Teaching: Experience teaching a range of undergraduate and graduate, online and asynchronous courses in analytics, operations, logistics, and supply chain management, and other courses as assigned and in alignment with academic qualifications. (See specific teaching assignments for this position in the Summary above.) Experience and comfort teaching across multiple modalities and leveraging strengths of each to inform instructional practice.
- Required Education: Doctoral degree in Business, Operations Management, Analytics, Supply Chain Management or Operations Research, Computer Science, Statistics, or a closely-related field. Candidates with relevant industry certifications will be highly considered (e.g. APICS/Supply Chain, TQM (Logistics), Data Analytics, Lean Six Sigma, or 18 hours of graduate-level learning in the discipline).
- Required Industry: Significant and documented industry experience (5+ years) across industry sectors.
If you have problems with online submission, please call 518-608-8270.
Excelsior University offers competitive compensation and a generous benefits package that includes paid time off, retirement, and excellent health insurance. Interested candidates should submit a letter of application, resume, and the names of three professional references. Please submit requested information by clicking the Apply Now button on this page.
Excelsior University is an equal opportunity employer committed to ensuring all qualified applicants receive consideration for employment without regard to any legally protected characteristic.Apply Now View All Jobs