Full Time Faculty – Bilingual Program
May 20, 2021
Albany, NY | Remote |
- Adaptability/Flexibility - Open to change and adjusts to work within new work processes, requirements, or cultures.
- Building partnerships-Identify opportunities and takes action to build collaborative relationships in one’s own unit, across units, teams, or organizations to help achieve business goals.
- Discipline Expertise - Willing and able to remain current on discipline development and actively identifying new areas for learning.
- Initiative - Willing and able to take on responsibilities and challenges beyond what is required; being proactive.
- Innovation - Creativity and alternative thinking to develop new ideas for and answers to work-related problems and opportunities.
- Leadership - Willing and able to lead; take charge and offer opinions and direction while keeping the organization’s vision and values at the forefront of decisions and actions.
- Managing Work and Quality - Careful about detail and thorough in completing work tasks/projects in a timely and efficient manner.
- Strategic Decision-making- Aligns initiatives with the strategic priorities of the College
- Teach 13 courses across the Fall, Spring and Summer terms (39 credits per year with an average class-size of 25): Course release time will be given for other duties as assigned.
- Participate in developing, implementing, and analyzing student learning outcomes assessment processes for courses and programs and program improvement;
- Collaborate in the development and revision of curriculum and in program/course review;
- Engage in departmental and Adelante program improvement initiatives.
- Teaching experience in Spanish and/or bilingual courses (including ESL) in online higher education environments, experience in online curriculum development and implementation.
- Earned master’s degree required in a liberal arts and sciences discipline from a regionally accredited United States institution or an equivalent, nationally recognized foreign institution of higher learning. Doctorate preferred.
- Ability to work with diverse constituencies, students and staff.
- Demonstrated commitment to nontraditional education of historically underrepresented Latinx adults.
- Experience with online/distance education.
- Canvas or related LMS literacy preferred.
If you have problems with online submission, please call 518-608-8270.
Excelsior College offers competitive compensation and a generous benefits package that includes paid time off, retirement, and excellent health insurance. Interested candidates should submit a letter of application, resume, and the names of three professional references. Please submit requested information by clicking the Apply Now button on this page.
Excelsior College is an equal opportunity employer committed to ensuring all qualified applicants receive consideration for employment without regard to any legally protected characteristic.Apply Now View All Jobs