Full Time Faculty – IT, Computer Programming and Coding
Albany, NY | Remote |
Full-time faculty are expected to support department and school leadership in terms of recommendations on program and course design, the assessment of student learning in accordance with university, college, and program standards, and the execution of data-informed and high-quality learning experiences within courses.
The full-time faculty position will provide a benefit to the University by aligning courses and programs with accreditation requirements, serving as a model by providing rigorous oversight of course development and revisions, and facilitating student learning and success in support of the University’s academic programs. Full-time faculty are expected to show a willingness to take on essential roles and duties as needed, within the department, school, college, or university, and as directed by the department, school, and college leadership.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following: Other duties may be assigned.
- Teach 10-12 courses (30-36 credits per year) and advance student learning through dedicated, exemplary instruction in accordance with established course outlines, student engagement, University standards, and external benchmarks of quality.
- Lead and/or coordinate the development and/or revision of courses, including serving as subject matter expert for course development projects, with a focus on data-informed continuous quality improvement.
- Review courses on an ongoing basis using data on course and instructional quality to improve student learning and success outcomes.
- Participate in program improvement initiatives including university-established program reviews, supporting the department to improve program performance.
- Participate in developing, implementing, and analyzing student learning outcomes and utilize data to improve the quality of course, program, and student outcomes;
- Adhere to all policies specified in the Faculty Handbook and serve as a model to other faculty.
- Confer with members of educational committees and advisory groups to obtain knowledge of subject areas, and relate curriculum materials to specific subjects, individual student needs, occupational areas, and discipline knowledge.
Institutional and professional service:
- Serve on the appropriate University, College, departmental, and professional society committees as directed by the Department Chair.
- Attend Commencement and associated activities.
- Contribute to professional development activities, both departmental and university-wide.
- Participate in activities supporting the University's strategic plan and the goals of the College.
- Provide subject matter assistance to advising, and in collaboration with the academic advisors provide academic guidance to students.
- Provide professional assistance to instructional faculty, staff, and students.
- Facilitate recruitment, retention, and timely graduation of students.
- Promote and coordinate student professional organizations.
- Support community and industry relationships, including support for project partnerships and student opportunities.
- Contribute to recruitment of dedicated and diverse instructional faculty.
- Comply with published College Policies and Procedures.
- Collaborate with internal and external stakeholders on the development and assessment of program and course outcomes.
Professional Development & Research may include:
- Research and/or compile data as may be assigned.
- Participate in professional development activities, both departmental and college-wide.
- Maintain current knowledge in the subject matter area and innovate effective teaching/ learning strategies.
- Pursue furthering of domain knowledge and academic skills through scholarly activities by attending professional conferences, publishing papers or articles, etc.
- Maintain appropriate standards of professional conduct and ethics.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able and willing to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
If you have problems with online submission, please call 518-608-8270.
Excelsior University offers competitive compensation and a generous benefits package that includes paid time off, retirement, and excellent health insurance. Interested candidates should submit a letter of application, resume, and the names of three professional references. Please submit requested information by clicking the Apply Now button on this page.
Excelsior University is an equal opportunity employer committed to ensuring all qualified applicants receive consideration for employment without regard to any legally protected characteristic.Apply Now View All Jobs