Help Desk Analyst
June 1, 2022
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Receive telecommunications, networking and personal computer requests for repairs and resolutions of problems, and performs installations and changes (MACS) with desktop and telephone systems as needed.
- Perform repairs, maintenance, and installation of personal computer hardware and software, and of telephone sets and wiring.
- Resolve connectivity problems such as direct wire, modem and LAN between PCs and servers.
- Implement virtual conferencing and audio and video recordings for staff to include coordinating all aspects of virtual meetings and recordings from planning to finalizing videos and includes identifying best methods for webinars and recordings.
- Troubleshoot and test media equipment and research new technologies to enhance all aspects of video multimedia.
- Provide expert project support including the set-up and maintenance of equipment for audio, video conferencing and teleconferencing needs.
- Work on special duties or projects assigned by the Director of Technical Services such as hardware, software and network installations and configurations.
- Troubleshoot data and voice network connections.
- Coordinate with technical support vendors regarding system changes and corrections of system problems, system resources and usage, system updates and enhancements with end-users and other support groups.
- Assist in training staff on system use.
- Assist in cross training the Help Desk team.
- Contact outside technical support vendors to obtain documentation, information or support.
- Keep current on computer topics.
- Attend professional conferences and training courses as required.
- Other duties may be assigned.
- Strong interpersonal skills with a desire to work in a team environment.
- Excellent organization and decision making skills.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and meet deadlines while providing quality customer service and products.
- Ability to provide technical support for offsite customers over the phone.
- Working knowledge of supporting and conducting webinar services and utilizing authoring software is desired.
- Strong attention to detail and quality of work.
- Demonstrated attitude of positive customer service.
- Ability to work with little supervision.
- Flexibility to work alternate shifts on an as needed basis.
- Demonstrated ability to learn new technology and a motivation to expand their knowledge and responsibilities.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
If you have problems with online submission, please call 518-608-8270.
Excelsior College offers competitive compensation and a generous benefits package that includes paid time off, retirement, and excellent health insurance. Interested candidates should submit a letter of application, resume, and the names of three professional references. Please submit requested information by clicking the Apply Now button on this page.
Excelsior College is an equal opportunity employer committed to ensuring all qualified applicants receive consideration for employment without regard to any legally protected characteristic.Apply Now View All Jobs