Instructional Faculty – Writing
September 27, 2022
Albany, NY | Remote |
Faculty Duties and Responsibilities:
- Implementing courses as designed by the University.
- Bringing their own knowledge and expertise to bear on the subject matter.
- Engaging regularly and substantively with students via email, announcements, and online discussion boards.
- Providing timely, high-quality feedback on student work.
- Holding regular virtual office hours.
- Keeping the Faculty Program Director apprised of any student or course issues.
- Following University policies.
- Completing University-required training.
- A master's degree in English, Composition & Rhetoric, or a closely related field OR a master's degree in another field and 18 graduate credits in Composition & Rhetoric.
- Experience teaching writing classes in an asynchronous online format.
- Knowledge of best practices for online writing instruction.
- A student-centered teaching approach.
- A commitment to supporting the success of all students, including those under-served by traditional higher education.
- For Business Writing and Scientific and Technical Writing instructors, directly applicable work experience is highly desired.
If you have problems with online submission, please call 518-608-8270.
Excelsior University offers competitive compensation and a generous benefits package that includes paid time off, retirement, and excellent health insurance. Interested candidates should submit a letter of application, resume, and the names of three professional references. Please submit requested information by clicking the Apply Now button on this page.
Excelsior University is an equal opportunity employer committed to ensuring all qualified applicants receive consideration for employment without regard to any legally protected characteristic.Apply Now View All Jobs