Instructional Systems Assistant
October 27, 2021
- Perform routine monitoring and maintenance of Learning Management System and associated technologies.
- Address tier 1 and 2 support issues as submitted through ticketing system. Collaborate with Instructional Systems Administrators and/or Instructional Systems Engineers on higher tiered issues.
- Provide routine preparation of learning management functions and services for each term start, including term to term steps for course section integrations.
- Use technologies to develop online learning documents and activities.
- Coordinate communication between information technology, the Schools and support units in order to ensure deadlines are met and alignment between all parties.
- Provide support for mobile learning technologies.
- Act as a liaison between technical support services, students, staff and faculty to provide technical support to troubleshoot and resolve issues at an application level.
- Create and maintain policy and procedures once processes have been established.
- Monitor and report instructional systems data
- Maintain work environments for testing and staging to assess the impact of testing and changes to the LMS and related services. Participate in the coordination of routine upgrades and system modifications.
- Attend professional conferences and training courses as required.
- Other duties may be assigned.
- Bachelor's degree and experience supporting online learning management systems or other related technologies.
- Designer level experience with a learning management system preferred
- Ability to work both independently and in a team-oriented environment.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to adapt to a dynamic environment and change priorities when required.
- Strong technology aptitude, critical thinking skills and initiative.
If you have problems with online submission, please call 518-608-8270.
Excelsior College offers competitive compensation and a generous benefits package that includes paid time off, retirement, and excellent health insurance. Interested candidates should submit a letter of application, resume, and the names of three professional references. Please submit requested information by clicking the Apply Now button on this page.
Excelsior College is an equal opportunity employer committed to ensuring all qualified applicants receive consideration for employment without regard to any legally protected characteristic.Apply Now View All Jobs