May 10, 2021
The Integration Developer is responsible for in-depth understanding of enterprise technology systems, business processes, and various enterprise integration technologies. The Integration Developer supports functional areas and participates in complex business analysis in support of enterprise systems. The Integration Developer is responsible for all aspects of the integration development life cycle and for managing all details related to an assigned project, including quality assurance. This includes leading team-oriented design and development, interacting with the user community to determine needs, writing technical specifications and documentation, developing, maintaining, and testing required integration software, and managing tasks to an established timeline.
The integration developers are responsible for writing custom software or use an integration tool to integrate disparate off the shelf software to function as a cohesive whole. Integration developers are also responsible for complete and accurate synchronization between the College’s Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) student information system (SIS), the College’s Customer Relationship System (CRM) system, and other systems.Duties and Responsibilities:
- Analyze complex business processes and define application requirements.
- Read and understand specifications delivered by third-party vendors.
- Ability to rapidly analyze technical problems and propose practical solutions.
- Develop data workflows and code for new data integrations and maintain/enhance existing workflows and code using Dell Boomi and Pentaho Data Integration (PDI).
- Create/maintain/enhance SQL statements, stored procedures, and functions.
- Write technical specifications and documentation.
- Understand security implications of different data elements (e.g. PII, PCI, etc.)
- Prepare accurate time estimates for projects and manages tasks to meet deadlines.
- Correct automated integrations between systems upon failure.
- Perform appropriate business and technical analysis and design.
- Develop, maintain, and test integrations.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related fields or Associates degree with equivalent work experience.
- At least two years of integration experience or three years of software development experience.
- At least three years SQL programming experience (PL/SQL and/or T-SQL preferred).
- Experience with ETL or integration tools like Dell Boomi or Pentaho Data Integration is strongly preferred.
- Familiarity with unit testing and automated testing.
- Experience developing applications in a business environment.
- Strong interpersonal skills with experience working in a team environment.
- Excellent organizational and decision-making skills including the demonstrated ability to manage multiple priorities and meet deadlines while providing quality customer service and products.
- Demonstrated ability to learn new technology.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated troubleshooting and problem-solving skills.
If you have problems with online submission, please call 518-608-8270.
Excelsior College offers competitive compensation and a generous benefits package that includes paid time off, retirement, and excellent health insurance. Interested candidates should submit a letter of application, resume, and the names of three professional references. Please submit requested information by clicking the Apply Now button on this page.
Excelsior College is an equal opportunity employer committed to ensuring all qualified applicants receive consideration for employment without regard to any legally protected characteristic.Apply Now View All Jobs