October 16, 2023
Reporting to the Chief Operating Office, Office of the CIO, the Mail Clerk will be responsible for performing multiple tasks in Excelsior University’s Mail / Fulfillment Center. This is a full-time, on-site role operating 8:30am - 5:00pm EST Monday to Friday.Duties and Responsibilities:
- Stamp, sort, and distribute incoming and outgoing mail.
- Count, weigh, or measure material.
- Receive shipments and deliver to appropriate unit or store in warehouse.
- Maintain organization of warehoused material.
- Operate all Mailroom equipment and software (such as mail machine, shipping software, fax server, folding machine, photocopy machine, etc.).
- Answer telephones; convey messages.
- Stuff envelopes for mailings, as needed.
- Receive and process incoming mail fulfillment requests.
- Provide customer service to staff.
- Insert material, affix labels and packaging of a variety of printed material & CD’s.
- Perform quality checks to ensure accuracy and consistency of work performed in mail fulfillment.
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- High school diploma or GED required.
- At least one year of prior professional administrative or mailroom experience required.
- Good attention to detail.
- Good interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to follow instructions and provide quality customer service.
- Ability to lift and move up to 50 pounds.
- Ability to work individually and as a team member.
- Ability to work flexible hours.
- Some PC knowledge preferred, (email, Microsoft Office Suite). Knowledge of Microsoft Excel will be helpful to perform the fulfillment part of this job.
If you have problems with online submission, please call 518-608-8270.
Excelsior University offers competitive compensation and a generous benefits package that includes paid time off, retirement, and excellent health insurance. Interested candidates should submit a letter of application, resume, and the names of three professional references. Please submit requested information by clicking the Apply Now button on this page.
Excelsior University is an equal opportunity employer committed to ensuring all qualified applicants receive consideration for employment without regard to any legally protected characteristic.Apply Now View All Jobs