May 3, 2021
The Multimedia Designer/Videographer helps tell the Excelsior story to external audiences by providing concept development for and overseeing and/or producing audio, video, photographic and multimedia design solutions for a variety of audiovisual communication assets. These deliverables include but are not limited to: digital and print advertising, social media, emails, marketing collateral, web pages, event and instructional videos, interactive media for the website, and presentations. The position is part of the Marketing team and will report to the art director. This is a full-time position based at 7 Columbia Circle, Albany, N.Y. In addition to a resume, please share links to video work.Duties and Responsibilities:
- Conceive and develop creative solutions to support initiatives and strategic goals through audiovisual assets for internal and external audiences, and manage the process for quality and efficiency.
- Execute video and photo shoots on site/on location, including audio, camera operation, and talent directions.
- Plan and perform video editing and post-production tasks, including reviewing footage; making editorial decisions; logging; rough cuts; audio adjustment; color correction; adding photographs, motion graphics, animation, audio and music; final editing in accordance with the overall production concepts; compress/encode video projects for output; and make video products available in a variety of formats.
- Record interviews with students, staff, faculty, alumni, college partners, and others and ensure that valuable sound-bites are captured.
- Scout shoot locations for photography and video work.
- Stay informed about audio and video production technology and distribution. Recommend new audio and video support systems and hardware and software technologies based on analysis of college needs.
- Organize and maintain the audio and video assets archive, as well as the online platforms Brightcove and YouTube.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field or equivalent combination of education and professional experience.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience as a multimedia designer and/or videographer.
- Strong visual communication skills.
- Strong skills in video and audio production, including recording and editing, and web distribution.
- Advanced skills with After Effects, and Final Cut Pro or Adobe Premiere.
- Familiarity with Adobe Creative Suite and other major trade software in addition to the Microsoft Office Suite.
- Strong project management, design, research, and organizational skills.
- Ability to work independently as well as ability to help guide others and adapt to changing conditions with ease.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills that facilitate intra-unit and college-wide teamwork.
If you have problems with online submission, please call 518-608-8270.
Excelsior College offers competitive compensation and a generous benefits package that includes paid time off, retirement, and excellent health insurance. Interested candidates should submit a letter of application, resume, and the names of three professional references. Please submit requested information by clicking the Apply Now button on this page.
Excelsior College is an equal opportunity employer committed to ensuring all qualified applicants receive consideration for employment without regard to any legally protected characteristic.Apply Now View All Jobs