Remote Adjunct Faculty – IND 501 Interdisciplinary Approaches to Ethical Leadership
September 27, 2022
Albany, NY | Remote |
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Teach assigned course as prescribed, making no changes to content or implementation guidelines.
- Demonstrate subject matter expertise through constructive involvement with student discussions/learning activities and sharing of expertise and experience.
- Challenge students own thinking and form connections between theory and practice across disparate areas of knowledge in diverse settings, and among divergent viewpoints.
- Create an effective, engaged, and vibrant online learning community by maintaining a frequent and meaningful online/email presence in courses.
- Adhere to established minimum teaching and engagement expectations, and to all University and School of Graduate
- Studies policies as outlined in the Faculty Handbook.
- Offer timely formative and summative feedback on student assignments. Set clear academic standards, provide constructive feedback throughout the course, and provoke critical thinking.
- Commit an average of 134 hours of work per 3-credit course assigned.
- Provide prompt, substantive, and timely responses to student needs and communications,
- Reach out to struggling students and notify Faculty Program Director as needed
- Be familiar with the learning management system and all support services available to students.
- Demonstrate skill in understanding of cultural differences and a commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion. Experience working with individuals from diverse racial, ethnic, and socioeconomic backgrounds.
- Other duties as outlined in the Instructional Faculty Agreement.
- Master's degree or higher from a regionally accredited institution
- Academic and/or professional experience in one of the following disciplines: business, criminal justice, cybersecurity, health sciences, leadership, public service, and/or interdisciplinary studies
- College-level teaching experience
- Strong interpersonal communication and problem-solving skills
- Commitment to Excelsior University's mission and CARES Credo
- Doctoral degree or ABD
- Significant interprofessional ethical leadership experience
- Experience teaching online in higher education
- 4+ terms/semesters higher education teaching experience
- Prior work/teaching experience with first-time and/or reentering college-level course-takers
- Student-focused teaching that addresses the needs of adult learners
If you have problems with online submission, please call 518-608-8270.
Excelsior University offers competitive compensation and a generous benefits package that includes paid time off, retirement, and excellent health insurance. Interested candidates should submit a letter of application, resume, and the names of three professional references. Please submit requested information by clicking the Apply Now button on this page.
Excelsior University is an equal opportunity employer committed to ensuring all qualified applicants receive consideration for employment without regard to any legally protected characteristic.Apply Now View All Jobs