Search Engine Optimization (SEO) Specialist
Albany, NY | Remote |
Excelsior University is seeking a skilled and experienced SEO Specialist to join our marketing team and help us achieve our ambitious online marketing goals. The ideal candidate will have a vast understanding of SEO best practices and a proven track record of success in improving website rankings and driving organic traffic. You will be responsible for developing and executing SEO strategies, conducting keyword research, optimizing website content, and building backlinks. You would also track and analyze SEO performance data and make recommendations for improvement. You will own the organic channel and all that comes with it, including examining and improving rankings, searching for new opportunities and working across different teams to fix current errors or make on-page improvements. You will compile reports for internal and external stakeholders, assist in training, stay in the know of industry trends and maintain a strong understanding of SEO best practices and technology. You will also be the point person for all things accessibility related, including assessment, delegation, reporting and continuous improvement.
This position is based out of the University’s home office in Albany, NY with the option of considering remote candidates. Remote employees will have mandatory occasional travel for meetings, conferences, and professional development opportunities. Remote employees are expected to be available during work hours 8:30am – 5:00pm Eastern time. The University will supply necessary equipment to perform the essential functions of this job (e.g., laptop, docking station). Employees are responsible for having a workspace where they can participate in virtual meetings without multiple interruptions and noise.Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop and execute SEO strategies to improve website rankings and drive organic traffic.
- Conduct keyword research to identify relevant and high-value keywords to target.
- Optimize website content for search engines by incorporating relevant keywords, using appropriate meta tags, and creating high-quality content.
- Build backlinks to the website from high-quality sources.
- Track and analyze SEO performance data using Google Analytics and other SEO tools.
- Make recommendations for improvement based on SEO performance data.
- Stay up-to-date on the latest SEO trends and best practices.
- Collaborate with other marketing team members to develop and implement integrated marketing campaigns.
- Present SEO findings and recommendations to external and internal stakeholders.
- Oversee and maintain GA4, Google Tag Manager, Moz, SEMRush, Crazy Egg and ABLR.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Strong understanding of SEO best practices and algorithms.
- Experience with keyword research, content optimization, and link building.
- Proven track record of success in improving website rankings and driving organic traffic.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong communication and presentation skills.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Comfortable analyzing high volumes of data on a daily basis.
- Skills to complete competitive analysis of others in the industry.
- GA4 certification is required.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office and analytic platforms required.
If you have problems with online submission, please call 518-608-8270.
Excelsior University offers competitive compensation and a generous benefits package that includes paid time off, retirement, and excellent health insurance. Interested candidates should submit a letter of application, resume, and the names of three professional references. Please submit requested information by clicking the Apply Now button on this page.
Excelsior University is an equal opportunity employer committed to ensuring all qualified applicants receive consideration for employment without regard to any legally protected characteristic.Apply Now View All Jobs