Senior Director of the Adelante! Program
May 13, 2021
Reporting to the Vice Provost for Academic & Faculty Support, The Executive Director (ED) of the Adelante! Program at Excelsior College provides leadership and oversight for the Program which creates unique educational opportunities for Latinx learners with flexible and relevant online degree pathways in both Spanish and English, as well as English as a Second Language (ESL) instruction. The ED is responsible for the administration and execution of Adelante! policies, programs, finances, and operations. The ED will facilitate a multicultural environment which aims to increase the percentage of Latinx students attending the College. They will work to identify, recruit, retain, and graduate Latinos in select Excelsior programs and to expand educational opportunities for adult populations in undergraduate and professional levels.This position carries responsibilities in enrollment management, administration, and cocurricular services delivery. This individual will provide leadership, direction, and overall management of the Adelante! Program and will actively engage federal, state, and local officials in public policy development and civic discourse on the future of college opportunities for Latino students. The ED will serve as liaison to College Schools, departments, campus offices and external public and private organizations regarding Adelante! programs and funding. It is preferred that the Senior Director, Adelante Pathway Program is located in Albany, NY or the surrounding areas. However, remote work arrangements may be explored.Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage and supervise a team of bilingual instructors, recruiters, advisors, mentors and financial aid staff to ensure team-oriented, successful and multiculturally appropriate DEI practices for serving Latinx learners;
- Lead a small team of instructional designers to develop bilingual online courses; build and expand team as enrollments and revenues warrant.
- Direct the academic and cultural integrity of the program, ensuring that course content is culturally relevant and appropriate for the target audience.
- Oversee training programs for both staff and faculty in cross-cultural communication and student services delivery;
- Collaborate with the School of Undergraduate Studies (SUS) to create degree pathways that are logical, meaningful and appropriate for the academic backgrounds and learning behaviors of Latinx students;
- Collaborate with the Graduate School to evaluate opportunities for bilingual graduate education.
- Work with Enrollment Management to set appropriate enrollment goals and practices for effective and successful Latinx student recruitment and admission;
- Collaborate with Marketing to ensure that successful high impact promotion of the Adelante! Program to target geographical markets is occurring both externally as well as on web site;
- Implement a cohort-based admissions process;
- Work with Advisement to ensure a high-touch, concierge model for Latinx students and to continually monitor student progress;
- Establish cocurricular activities and opportunities for student-to-student communications and connection;
- Work with Financial Aid to ensure appropriate financial counseling and ongoing packaging of FA for these students in Spanish;
- Work jointly with SUS faculty to ensure that all course translations are appropriate and of high quality.
- Native fluency in both Spanish and English languages
- Master’s degree from a regionally accredited university
- Experience teaching and/or managing programs for adult Latinx students
- Experience with bilingual education, ESL, or equivalent experience with developing online education and programming.
If you have problems with online submission, please call 518-608-8270.
Excelsior College offers competitive compensation and a generous benefits package that includes paid time off, retirement, and excellent health insurance. Interested candidates should submit a letter of application, resume, and the names of three professional references. Please submit requested information by clicking the Apply Now button on this page.
Excelsior College is an equal opportunity employer committed to ensuring all qualified applicants receive consideration for employment without regard to any legally protected characteristic.Apply Now View All Jobs