Senior Research Analyst
- Extract and manipulate data from a variety of institutional data systems.
- Develop and maintain substantial expertise in the use of Excelsior's decision support systems (Qlik applications, standard reports, and other dashboards) to answer ad hoc questions.
- Apply appropriate statistical techniques to answer a variety of research questions.
- Collaborate with institutional partners on developing and maintaining metrics that inform business decisions.
- Design, administer, and analyze surveys/participant research and report results.
- Assist with research projects that contribute to the understanding of Excelsior University students.
- Prepare and present data and/or analysis to various audiences using tables, charts, scorecards, dashboards, and narrative reports in a way that stakeholders can easily understand.
- Assist with responses to requests for external compliance and noncompliance data, including at the state (NYSED)and federal (IPEDS) levels, keeping current on external compliance reporting policies and procedures, including data and definitions.
- Collaborate with Business Intelligence Developers, Data Scientist, and other Analysts on developing custom data visualizations and reports that meet business user needs, are intuitive, and user friendly.
- Contribute to data democracy and data integrity through data use training and coaching across the university.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Master's degree in social science, psychology, or other research-based, quantitative discipline; doctoral level education in quantitative analysis is preferred.
- Working knowledge of statistical analysis software such as SAS, SPSS or R
- Skills in the use of descriptive and inferential statistics
- Expertise with Microsoft Office, especially Excel.
- Skills in the use of descriptive and inferential statistics.
- Expertise with Microsoft Office and working knowledge of statistical analysis software (such as SPSS, SAS, or R); must be willing to learn R if not already proficient.
- Ability to convey technical information to a non-technical audience.
- Experience with SQL and relational databases is desirable.
- Experience in higher education, particularly in distance education and/or adult learners, is also desirable.
- Experience designing/conducting participant research such as surveys, focus groups, and/or interviews. Experience with Qualtrics is a plus.
If you have problems with online submission, please call 518-608-8270.
Excelsior University offers competitive compensation and a generous benefits package that includes paid time off, retirement, and excellent health insurance. Interested candidates should submit a letter of application, resume, and the names of three professional references. Please submit requested information by clicking the Apply Now button on this page.
Excelsior University is an equal opportunity employer committed to ensuring all qualified applicants receive consideration for employment without regard to any legally protected characteristic.Apply Now View All Jobs