Social Media Specialist
July 25, 2022
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Conduct day-to-day monitoring and responding to organic and paid social media posts through the management software Agorapulse.
- Monitor for Excelsior mentions on non-institutional channels in Meltwater.
- Oversee and manage internal processes, ensuring proper routing of organic social media inquiries to the admissions team.
- Conduct day-to-day posting and scheduling of social media content according to an agreed upon content calendar using scheduling tools such as native platforms, Agorapulse, and Lately.
- Write social media copy in the institutional voice as assigned.
- Manage and create assets in collaboration with the design team through tools such as Canva.
- Collaborate with other departments and stakeholders as the point person for social media content, including but not limited to, posting in the school's Facebook groups, Instagram takeovers, and webinar promotions.
- Post content to the college website/blog and syndicating across social media platforms.
- Implement analytics and reporting methods to gauge program and campaign success.
- Work with Marketing Operations, and Technology and Facilities Services to ensure all reporting and use of tools comply with current systems as well as creating a reporting structure to show the full picture of the impact of communities.
- Keep up-to-date with social media news, industry trends, new technologies, etc. and translating that into recommendations on the innovative new strategies to make Excelsior a player on the social scene.
- BA/BS from an accredited institution required.
- Minimum of 2 years of experience managing social media presence professionally.
- Demonstrated track record of innovation and creative thinking.
- Proven understanding of social media and its role in business.
- Excellent written, oral, and presentation skills.
- Excellent project management skills.
- High level of accuracy, organization, and attention to detail.
- Ability to work as a team, demonstrated collaboration skills.
- Ability to work in a fast past environment, under pressure and deliver results outside of the regularly scheduled 8:30 a.m.-5 p.m. work hours.
- Cover letter and submission of written examples of previous social media posts required for full consideration.
If you have problems with online submission, please call 518-608-8270.
Excelsior University offers competitive compensation and a generous benefits package that includes paid time off, retirement, and excellent health insurance. Interested candidates should submit a letter of application, resume, and the names of three professional references. Please submit requested information by clicking the Apply Now button on this page.
Excelsior University is an equal opportunity employer committed to ensuring all qualified applicants receive consideration for employment without regard to any legally protected characteristic.Apply Now View All Jobs