Student Support Specialist
June 28, 2022
Duties and Responsibilities:
- As scheduled by supervisor, staff Excelsior College Concierge Desk; welcome and sign-in visitors; when needed, escort visitors to appropriate College office; provide campus directions; ensure visitor is comfortable and has everything needed if/when waiting in main lobby; maintain inventory of supplies and collateral at Concierge Desk; partner with College Facilities team to ensure clean, warm, welcoming lobby environment.
- As scheduled by supervisor, staff incoming Excelsior phone line, e-mail box(es), and/or live chat platform; follow all established standards for opening and closing student/constituent contacts.
- Answer Tier 1 student/constituent questions; escalate Tier 2+ questions to correct College office the first time through a warm transfer.
- Identify and assess student/constituent needs; utilize Salesforce knowledgebase and other College systems to answer questions, troubleshoot issues, and ensure seamless resolution.
- Maintain solid understanding of relevant College policies and processes; provide feedback, based on student/constituent conversations, to help continuously ensure an extraordinary Excelsior service experience.
- Support Concierge team members to be the best they can be; share knowledge and information for greater good of the team and College.
- Participate in Concierge team training, mandatory College-wide training, and individual professional development to maintain ongoing skill development and career growth.
- Associate degree required (bachelor’s degree preferred) in business, education, hospitality, liberal arts, marketing, or other related field.
- Two to three years of professional experience in the hospitality industry, high-profile office environment, or college student services.
- Exceptional interpersonal, relationship-building, and customer-service skills; accountability for work; strong work ethic and team focus; creative and fun energy with good sense of humor
- Strong written/spoken communication skills across diverse audiences; active listening skills; exceptional judgment and problem-solving skills, diplomacy, tact
- Proficiency with MSOffice software, phone systems, chat platforms, customer relationship management systems, and student information systems.
- Ability to work quickly/accurately and to meet deadlines.
If you have problems with online submission, please call 518-608-8270.
Excelsior College offers competitive compensation and a generous benefits package that includes paid time off, retirement, and excellent health insurance. Interested candidates should submit a letter of application, resume, and the names of three professional references. Please submit requested information by clicking the Apply Now button on this page.
Excelsior College is an equal opportunity employer committed to ensuring all qualified applicants receive consideration for employment without regard to any legally protected characteristic.Apply Now View All Jobs