Statement of Policy
Excelsior College’s policy on refunds is published annually in the fee schedules and is available to all Excelsior College constituencies.
Multi-Source Fee, Student Service Annual Fee, Application Fees, Graduate Student Services Fee, OneTranscript®, and Portfolio Fee.
- Two-thirds of the full undergraduate multi-source fee will be refunded within the first six months of enrollment as long as an evaluation of the student’s transcripts has not been conducted and a My Academic Plan (MAP) has not been provided. Students enrolled in the Nelnet Payment Plan who have received their evaluation/MAP but have stopped making payments will be required to pay the fee in full. Delinquent accounts will be submitted to collections.
- The Student Service Annual Fee is not refundable.
- The Graduate Student Services Fee is not refundable.
- The OneTranscript fee, minus a $50 processing fee will be refunded if no evaluation has been performed.
- Students with incomplete “problem” enrollment information (e.g. signature not included on enrollment form, partial payment, no degree selection, student identity not verified) are contacted by phone or mail. Students who do not respond within 30 calendar days of being notified will be issued a refund of the fee paid, minus a $50.00 processing fee.
- Portfolio fees are not refunded if the credit is denied.
Note: For tuition and examinations refunds refer to the Courses and Nursing Theory Conference Examinations Withdrawal and Refund Policy and Excelsior College Examinations & UExcel Exam Refunds & Extensions policies.
Requesting a Fee Refund
Students requesting a refund of the enrollment fee must submit a signed refund and withdrawal request to the Office of the Registrar.
Students requesting a refund of the OneTranscript fee must submit a signed refund and withdrawal request to the OneTranscript team.
Students who have not submitted any transcripts for review within six months of receipt of the OneTranscript application will be issued a refund minus a $50 processing fee, and their application will be closed.