Bachelors Degrees | Business Degree - Accounting | Online Classes - Excelsior College
Page Hero - Areas of Study - Business Programs
Bachelor of Science in Business (Accounting) w/ CBE
Bachelor's in Business (Accounting)
Add up the benefits and see how you will come out ahead with a competency-based Bachelor of Science in Business (Accounting) from Excelsior College.
Competency-based education (CBE) at Excelsior allows you to earn your BS in Business with accounting concentration through a personalized program of study that combines course-based learning, independent study, and earned external credits.
- Course-based learning refers to Excelsior's 8 or 15-week online courses in accounting and other subjects that are directly informed by current trends in workforce development.
- Independent study options help you pursue self-paced learning with study guides and practice tests before earning credit by exam. You can even test out of subjects you've already mastered.
- Earned external credits are accrued through coursework completed at other institutions, military experience, college-level exams like CLEP and DSST, learning assessment, and workforce training and professional certifications completed before and/or during your enrollment.
Designed for working adults looking to get ahead in their careers, this online business and accounting program culminates in a capstone in which you'll demonstrate your knowledge through projects, simulations, and a summative exam.
Earn your degree from an accredited college in a way that fits with your life, your budget, and your career goals.
- Take flexible, online accounting classes that fit your schedule.
- Transfer more credits to lower your costs and shorten the path to your accounting-focused BS in Business.
- Access financial aid, flexible payment plans, and other assistance that helps make college more affordable.
- Earn a business degree that's accredited by the International Assembly for Collegiate Business Education.
An Online Business Degree That Stands Out in the Job Market
Excelsior College has been helping working adults complete their degrees for more than 40 years. We understand the challenges you face, and are dedicated to removing these obstacles.
Our accounting courses meet rigorous academic standards and are regularly revised to include the latest advances in professional theory and practice. With a bachelor's in business degree from Excelsior College, you'll successfully compete in the accounting job market, and perform more effectively in your workplace.
Take online accounting courses such as:
- Accounting for Managers
- Accounting Theory
- Cost Accounting
- Financial Accounting
- Intermediate Accounting I
- Intermediate Accounting II
- Managerial Accounting
Program Page: Apply and RFI Links
BS in Business Credit Requirements
BS in Business Credit Requirements
120 credits required. 60 in the arts and sciences, 51 in the business component (to include a minimum of 21 at the upper level of which 9 must be in the concentration), and 9 in the additional credit component (to include the 1-credit Information Literacy requirement).
Courses classified as upper level must be junior-senior level (300 - 400) and can be classified as a business core, concentration, and/or business elective course.
Students completing the Bachelor in Science in Business degree program will have a foundational knowledge of business administration and strategic management, including competency in the following areas:
- Economics - Apply micro and macroeconomic concepts and theories to explain the relationship between legal, social, and economic interests of individuals and society.
- Accounting - Apply basic accounting concepts and principles to the analysis and interpretation of corporate financial statements.
- Marketing - Explain how modern marketing concepts and theories support and influence business strategies.
- Finance - Utilize financial management concepts and tools to make informed business decisions.
- Management - Apply the major concepts and theories of management and leadership in order to develop business strategies in a real-world context.
- Quantitative Analysis - Utilize quantitative research, statistics, and data analysis to analyze business data, support business decisions, and solve problems.
- Global - Analyze the opportunities and risks associated with doing business in a global environment.
- Ethics - Justify decisions by evaluating the social, ethical, and legal implications for business organizations.
- Communication - Effectively communicate business concepts orally and in writing to multiple audiences.
- Computer Skills - Utilize business computer applications and information technologies to organize and interpret business data and information.
- Teamwork/Cultural Diversity - Work effectively and collaboratively on diverse teams to complete projects on real-world scenarios.
- Critical Thinking - Employ critical thinking skills to interpret and analyze competing arguments and perspectives in a business environment.
Review the student learning outcomes
We expect that as an Excelsior College baccalaureate business graduate you will be able to:
- Apply discipline-specific concepts and methodologies to identify, analyze, and solve business problems.
- Demonstrate a desire and commitment to remain current with and adaptive to changing business conditions through continuous learning and self-improvement.
- Demonstrate independent and critical thinking, function effectively in team-oriented settings, and maintain a high level of performance in a professional business environment.
- Communicate effectively, orally and in writing, in a professional business environment.
- Behave ethically and professionally in business and society.
- Demonstrate and utilize leadership principles in one’s chosen career field.
BSB Accounting Concentration Outcomes
Accounting Concentration Objectives
As an Excelsior College baccalaureate-level business graduate with a concentration in Accounting, you will be able to:
- Describe Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP), concepts, and theories.
- Integrate accounting decision-making tools for evaluating financial statements, conducting audits, and performing cost accounting.
- Evaluate individual and corporate taxation policies, regulations, and practice of business organizations.
Institutional Accreditation heading block
Institutional Accreditation universal content block
Excelsior College is accredited by the Middle States Commission on Higher Education, 3624 Market Street, Philadelphia, PA 19104. (267-284-5000). The Middle States Commission on Higher Education is an institutional accrediting agency recognized by the U.S. Secretary of Education and the Council for Higher Education Accreditation.
All of Excelsior College's academic programs are registered (i.e., approved) by the New York State Education Department.
Specialized Business Accreditation shared block
SPECIALIZED ACCREDITATION for Business Degrees
The School of Business and Technology at Excelsior College has received specialized accreditation for its business programs through th International Accreditation Council for Business Education (IACBE), located at 11374 Strang Line Road in Lenexa, Kansas, USA. Review the list of Excelsior business programs and degrees accredited by the IACBE.