Health Education - Excelsior College
Page Hero - Areas of Study: Health Sciences
Dual BS in Health Sciences (Health Education) and MS in Health Sciences
BS in Health Sciences (Health Education)/ MS in Health Sciences Dual Degree
Health education plays an increasingly vital role in the health care industry. The Excelsior College online Bachelor of Science in Health Sciences (Health Education emphasis) and Master of Science dual degree program will provide you with a convenient, affordable way to earn two degrees before you enter the field of health education.
Excelsior has been educating working adults since 1971, and we know the challenges adult learners often face. We help you balance your health education studies with work, family, and other real-life responsibilities by:
- Offering flexible, 8-week online health education classes that will fit into your life.
- Reducing your course load by granting academic credit for professional licenses and certificates—a benefit you'll find at only a few colleges nationwide. The maximum benefit is 32 credits.
- Ensuring you get all the transfer credits you deserve for approved coursework at other colleges.
- Providing an affordable health sciences bachelor's degree, with low tuition and no enrollment fee.
- Supporting your success with outstanding, personalized service from our award-winning academic advisors.
Build Your Career and Gain New Opportunities in Health Education
A national leader in distance learning and adult education for more than 40 years, Excelsior offers relevant courses that have passed the highest academic standards. You'll take health education classes that were developed in consultation with health education industry leaders, while working with faculty who have years of professional experience in health education.
Health education skills cut across disciplines, making this a widely adaptable curriculum. Based on your emphasis in the Bachelor in Health Sciences portion of your dual degree, you'll be prepared to pursue a career in health education and work in:
- Private medical practices
- Public health service agencies
When you enter the graduate level of your health sciences dual degree program, you'll be given the choice to earn your master's degree without a specialization or to specialize in health professions education, public health, or healthcare informatics.
Program Page: Apply and RFI Links
BS / MS in Health Sciences Credit Requirements
147 credits. Undergraduate: 60 in arts and sciences, 51 professional components. Bridge: 9 credits. Graduate: 27 credits.
By completion of the BS in Health Sciences (End of Life Care) program, the graduate will be able to:
- Demonstrate leadership skills within organizations and evolving health care systems.
- Identify and evaluate evidence to guide decision making.
- Use a systematic approach and higher order thinking in responding to health care issues and societal needs.
- Integrate knowledge of culture and an appreciation for diversity in planning and evaluating health care.
- Implement evolving technologies in the planning, implementation, and evaluation of health care.
- Incorporate multiple strategies of communication to establish collaborative relationships with clients, members of the multidisciplinary team, and other stakeholders.
- Analyze legal, ethical, and policy issues within health care delivery systems.
- Implement specialized knowledge and skills in the management and delivery of health care services.
- Demonstrate a commitment to lifelong learning in pursuit of excellence in the practice of a health care profession.
Upon successful completion of the MS in Health Sciences program, the graduate will be able to:
- Demonstrate proficiency in using multiple strategies of communication to convey complex thoughts and ideas.
- Use research findings to explain and direct the resolution of practice related issues and challenges.
- Apply leadership skills in managing people and programs.
- Analyze issues and challenges, including new and emerging trends
- Use knowledge of health care policy and delivery systems to guide professional practice.
- Implement specialized knowledge and skills in an advanced practice role.
Catalog: Health Sciences
Institutional Accreditation heading block
Institutional Accreditation universal content block
Excelsior College is accredited by the Middle States Commission on Higher Education, 3624 Market Street, Philadelphia, PA 19104. (267-284-5000). The Middle States Commission on Higher Education is an institutional accrediting agency recognized by the U.S. Secretary of Education and the Council for Higher Education Accreditation.
All of Excelsior College's academic programs are registered (i.e., approved) by the New York State Education Department.